Chapter 16

Wayne ended up talking off work for a solid week, every time he left me in a room alone I would freak out and go in search of him. I know I was driving him crazy but I was still paranoid as hell. I didn't want to be in the house alone and I loved this house. Wayne was threatening to move us if I didn't' chill out. The whole situation with Dhea had been all over the news and Ryan had surprised me by calling to make sure I was OK. I couldn't even answer him at first and when I did he actually apologized to me for being an ass when he was down. Adrianna had about had a heart attack when she saw the report on the news and called to cuss me up one wall and down another for not telling her what was going on. I told her I was afraid all the drama would send her into early labor. I just wanted things to go back to normal but I didn't know if I could ever get that day out of my head. I had kinda sunk into myself, even though I stayed up under Wayne I barley said two words to him.

I was in the kitchen cooking spaghetti, garlic bread, and making a salad when I jumped feeling Wayne walk up behind me. He had been sitting at the counter playing on his phone and I had never heard him get up. I turned into him letting him pull me in his arms. "Maci baby did you not hear me five seconds ago." I looked up at him shaking my head, I guess I had been to lost in my thoughts. Wayne sighed leaning down to kiss my head. "Baby you got to get over this shit, I swear to you I will never let anyone hurt you." I gave him a small smile trying to turn back around but he wouldn't loosen his grip. "Damn it Maci fucking talk to me." I sighed laying my head on his chest. "I can't get that shit out of my head, the more I try and forget it the more I remember." Wayne started caressing my back, "I know baby its going to take time. I think we need some time away from this house." I shook my head but I already knew by the look Wayne was giving me that I was about to not have a choice. He loosed his grip enough for me to turn and stir the spaghetti sauce and I had to grin when I felt his lips on my neck. "So you want to go to LA to be with Adrianna for a while, or you want to go to New York, I'm really not feeling New Orleans, but you would be close enough to Fallon to go see her when you wanted." I turned around frowning. "this is our home and I want to be at home." Wayne made a face looking at me crazy, "Baby I got more than one house, this is just the one I prefer to be at." I nodded, "me too."

Wayne rolled his eyes at me and I had to smile at him, I knew I was frustrating him cause he never rolled his eyes, said it was girly. I sighed looking at Wayne he had been working so hard and now he was having to baby me I felt almost guilty. "Can we just go away for the weekend, that way you don't have to move all your shit cause you know your going to stress the fuck out till you finish this album." Wayne walked around the bar sitting back down nodding. "Yeah, where you wanna go." I bit my lip, Vegas." Wayne's eyebrows arched up, "why Vegas." I rolled my eyes feeling my face flush, "I mean isn't it obvious, cause that was our first weekend together, duh." Wayne gave me a huge grin and I saw the sparkle in his eyes that had been missing during this whole ordeal. "Bet that." I turned back around grabbing the noodles to drain the water hoping that getting away would get me out of the funk that i had been in. I already felt better, hell Wayne and I had just had more of a conversation than we had if you put the whole week together.

We ate in the living room while Wayne watched Scarface for I swear the millionth time. Maliyah was in her swing in front of Wayne throwing a fit wanting some of his food. He wold give her a little taste and she wold calm down for a minute then start all over again. The older she got the darker complected she was getting. She was already darker than Fallon of course that didn't' take a lot. Maliyah had been practically bald when she was born but now had a head full of thick curly black hair that I had parted into two tiny puff balls. Wayne was laughing at her as he gave her a tiny piece of garlic bread and she started swinging at him wanting more. He turned to look at me, "how would you feel about leaving her with Brooklynne and Malachi?" I shook my head, "No, I want her to come with us. Can't we bring Ms. Rosa." Wayne shrugged, "Yeah, I just want to spend some time alone with you." I nodded understanding what he was getting at. "What about Adrianna and Chris, he needs some practice." Wayne laughed, "hell yeah that will work if she can work it into her schedule."