Chapter 4

The blonde watches her mam and dad argue, they were throwing insult after insult at each other whilst the little girl watched with her favourite stuffed unicorn in hand, her lip trembles when seeing the woman her dad cheated with walk up behind him and place a kiss on his cheek. It was a week later that her parents divorced and her dad moved out to live with his new love. What her dad didn't know was that the women had a son who was four years older than Perrie, he found that they had similar traits so grew more attached to him and had little time for his own children. He soon married the woman and made it a permanent thing.

Coming home from school one day, Perrie hears her step-mother watching TV in the lounge so goes inside to say hello but the woman was not in a happy mood, "I ask you to dry the dishes this morning" she states, a glass of wine in hand, she was obviously tipsy to say the least.

"I am sorry, I was so busy making breakfast and ensuring my school work was in my bag that I must have forgotten, I will do it now" she says not wanting to anger the woman

The blonde quickly rushes to the kitchen and grabs a small towel before drying the dishes and putting them away, doing it so quickly she loses her grip on a plate and watches as it falls to the ground and shatters. She gasps and hopes no one heard but in seconds her step mother is out and looking at the damage.

"How dare you! You stupid bitch" she yells out slaps the girl across the face with drunk strenght making her whole head turn to the opposite side it was slapped.

Before Perrie can react her dad walks through the door with Ryan, her stepbrother, and look at the scene before them. He smiles and kisses his wife on the lips, "Hope you had a nice day, honey. Ryan and I are going to practice his kick in the garden, he wants to become the teams goalie at school, I need to e sure he is up to it. Perrie, pick up your mess and don't upset my wife" he says not caring before waking upstairs to get changed from his work clothes.

Over the months it got worse, her brother and dad joined in, she wasn't just physically abused but also emotionally abused. The family called it punishment, hitting her for accidents or small mistakes, they didn't care about her. To her she was just an unbreakable toy they could keep hitting, they never thought about the consequences, they just cared about their own entertainment.
Going to school was something she hoped would be a vacation from home but instead it was instead the same feeling of dread of entering her house when seeing the school gates. Her body was covered in marks, scars, cuts and other injuries. Kids were evil, they made rhymes and games up that involved hurting the blonde in some way. Rumours were made and spread like wildfire, children laughed and pointed or ran away in fear from her, no teacher asked questions. She was the invisible child.

After finishing primary school then secondary school, she was accepted and went to college where she managed to hide her injuries better so no rumours could be made. When turning 18, her real mam entered her in to Xfactor when seeing her so unhappy as she knew her daughter's potential and love for singing. She lost contact with her stepfamily when on the show, they seemed to have disappeared, the blonde thought it was due to the fact the show liked to pry into home life and they could have been found out. However, when winning the show they soon appeared again and started to punish her again with the injuries and venomous words which tore her apart.
One time, the day after winning the show to be exact, she had went to their house to collect congratulation cards but was dragged into the house and beaten black and blue. The only explanation she got was that she had planned on leaving them behind, they didn't want her to be better, they wanted her to be below them so they could pride themselves on being better. She could not move afterwards. Perrie had to stay at their house three days straight and it was a living torturous hell.