Twenty One

I bit my bottom lip as I planned a way to get out of here

I bit my bottom lip as I planned a way to get out of here. I feel so trapped, I need to leave this place. And I have to get Jace out also. I don't know what the hell they are doing to him and it bothers me dearly.

I can't believe that injection was for me to forget. It was all a set up. I was supposed to be kidnapped. So they could get their hands on Jace. I sat here and I worked it all out. Arix is the queen, she was the one who inspired Jace to kidnap me in the first place. She knew all this would happen and we would come back to the castle. What I can't wrap my brain around is why she needed me. If she was the queen as Arix, she could have captured him herself.

I walk to the locked door and pounded at it. I screamed for them to let me out. Every second spent in this room is a second I'm losing to get to Jace. I pound on the door again, this time it flew open with a force. The queen, in the form of Arix stood, looking as angry as angry can get.

"You stupid bitch! Can't you just shut up!" she shouted at me. I moved back instinctively. "All they can hear is your shouting! I won't hesitate to kill you right now!"

"Then do it," I sneered, "If you're going to destroy Jace might as well destroy me, because if you don't I swear you will regret it."

"Shut your mouth, in here, Okay! I don't repeat myself!" She said in my face. I glanced around the room, immediately noticing the door is unprotected. I look back into her eyes, "Bite me."

I raise my arm to slap her across the face but she grabbed it. She wore a stupid smirk on her face that just never seems to erase. She went to speak, but I raised my knee to her private area. It barely hurt her but it allowed me to get out of her grasp. Right now my only objective is to find Jace and get out of here.

She's coming behind me, but with the little blood I got from Jace and what they fed me here, I think I have enough energy to make it around this entire building in search of Jace.

"Jaxyn! Stop!" she called behind me as I tried my last the door. It was a simple white door. I went to open it, but was stopped when her frame fell on top of me. My body hit the ground with her on top of me. She turned me around and her hands went to my neck. Fuck.

She's trying to break my neck. It's one way of killing a vampire. If she presses longer and harder I'm certain my neck would snap and that would be the end of me. I could hear the crystals of which my skin is made from, ripping. I grabbed her wrist and moved my head to bite it. Hopefully if I bite like this her wrist might break off.

She stared at me, with only hatred in her eyes. I sink my teeth in and twisted my head, like a dog. She groaned as her skin also began to break. I'm slowly dying, but not before she dies also. She lets go of my neck and pushed herself back. I force myself up and went to her, holding her up by her collar. I slammed her into the wall continuously, it barley dented her. The only way is to decapitate her.

I could see her getting weaker and weaker, and I feel proud of myself. I can't fight to save my ass, but I did this, so well done to me.

I hold her up and threw her at the plain white, metal door. Because I'm strong and she's like iron, the door broke in. I quickly pick her up and ordered her to order them. She followed my every word. It all seemed extremely easy but I don't care. I'll have Jace soon and that's all I care about right now.

"Let him go!" I say after she does, since she sounds too weak to give an actual command. Jace is strapped onto the bed, with wide eyes. His heart is beating quickly. He feels betrayed and it's an obvious fact he wants nothing to do with me. But he doesn't understand that I had nothing to do with any of this messed up plan. I can remember myself saying no to all this. And even if I did agree to do this (which I didn't) I didn't think all of this would have been an outcome of it. I don't want Jace to be hurt and I don't care if he has two colored eyes or what, I want him to be safe.

I threw her to the side and the other vamps surrendered to me in a matter of seconds. I went to Jace and unstrapped him. He nodded a thanks but that was all. He didn't hesitate to go to Arix and snap her neck. It was quick and pretty simple. He looked so weak, it hurt me. I don't know what they were doing with him, but I know it was painful. Jace was in pain.

"Where do you keep your blood?" He demanded. A petite looking guy stepped up front to show us. He looked fearful of the both of us. There isn't anyone in this castle that is higher than us right now. Jace killed the queen.

We went down to what seemed like a basement. It only smelt of blood and I had to resist the temptation to stay down there, I wasn't hungry yet, and let's hope that by the time I am, I'll be out of here.

"You assholes deserve to die," Jace spits as he randomly got a bag. I furrowed my brows and watched as he packed almost every single packet of blood that was here. I swear he would have took the bleeding animal also, but he didn't. When he was finished, he walked to the small guy and killed him like he was nothing. He remained silent and went back up the stairs. I met up with him when we were outside. Jace killed every vamp that got in his way, and I saw that when I followed him out. Now this is intimidating. What if he does that to me because he thinks I went against him?

"I'm not going to kill you," he says without looking to me.

"Thanks."

"As much as I hate you, I'm not going to leave you hungry either. You get half."

"Than-"

"Stop thanking me. Honestly, I don't give a fuck about you anymore. I don't want to see you again. You can stay here, or go your own way, but you aren't coming back with me," he tells me. I bite my lip. I wasn't a part of this whole thing. Why can't he believe I'm just as confused as he? I didn't want to be part of this and it sucks that they used me like that. I don't try to tell him this because I know he won't listen to me. He's already has his mind set.

"You got that right," he coldly says. He gives me a bag and splits what he collected in half. I nodded a thanks and planned to actually say it, but he was off before I had a chance to.

Jace left me standing here, with a castle of dead vamps. What am I to do now? I think it was best I just died in that forest because him leaving me is way more painful than that could have ever been.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

THE END.

OKAY, PEOPLE SO THIS IS THE END. I'm sorry if the ending isn't happy or with them together and everyone surviving, but I just don't believe in happy endings and its rare for my stories to have happy endings.

Anyway, I love you guys and thank you so much for reading my book. It would be really cool if you guys could check out my other books. It'll mean a lot to me.

Love you :) <3

- Leigh Anne