Fifteen

Daylight came and we were stuck, yet again, in a cave. I really wish we could find a way to go out in daylight, but that's physically impossible for a vamp. So we're here.

Thankfully, Arix stole some blood from the castle so we didn't quite starve. Jace still haven't returned. I'm beginning to think he's dead too. I don't really want to believe that though, because I know Jace. He doesn't give up easily and that's a trait I like about him. He can't die.

Arix and Caleb are not talking to each other at all. They aren't even looking at each other. I had to give Caleb some of mine to drink, or Arix would have left him for dead. I think she's still hurting because he said he didn't love her.

Frankly, I'm on Caleb's side. Arix is never really around and its like he isn't actually in a relationship. However, I don't think he doesn't love her. Arix is pretty gullible to believe that he doesn't love her.

But that is none of my business.

Its so awkward in this cave. Everyone is silent. I don't want to talk to any one.. Well besides Jace. He's basically the only person I want right now. But I don't know what's going on with him. I can only hope he's alright.

I stood up from my seat and began to pace. Anyone could tell that I'm bored. I want to go out to the castle. I can't stand being held back. All the days we stay away from our journey, there are vamps dying. We're working with a time period here.

I opened my mouth to say something, but was interrupted by something entering the cave. I could feel its presence, and it was not on our side. I could sense an evil spirit radiating off it.

I stepped back a bit and so did Caleb and Arix. I quickly got ready to shoot as he walked towards us.

Its a man. Well at least he seemed like a man. Because of a hoodie pulled over his face, I was unable to see it. He walked closer to us and I was so prepared to shoot, but then he raised his head and I immediately relaxed. But I didn't go to him. There's just something different..

"Jace?" Arix called. I was too shock to say anything at the moment. I had questions, though. A lot of them.

"Yeah," he replied shortly. He took a step closer but I took a step back. I just don't have a good feeling about it. This doesn't make any sense at all. Its day, how did he get here?

This isn't Jace. This can't possibly be Jace. He wasn't wearing this hoodie when I left him and he's a vampire, he can't be in the sun.

I see Arix and Caleb walk towards 'him‛ but I continue to step back. I slowly reach for an arrow and position the bow to shoot. It glanced up at me, then furrowed his eyebrows.

"What are you doing, babe?" He questions.

"Jace doesn't call me 'babe'. So who are you?" Arix and Caleb stared at me confused. I know Jace and this isn't it. I let the arrow go, puncturing his chest.

"You really think that will kill me?" He dryly chuckled.

"Jaxyn, what the hell are you doing?" Arix weakly questioned. I shook my head and Shoot another arrow. It stopped him for approximately half a second, then he was walking to me again. He stopped in front of me and stared into my eyes. I could barely see any of this things features but it just screamed evil. I looked away from him and quickly got another arrow, then stabbed his chest. He cackled and stepped back a bit.

His figure grew and surely enough I saw his black eyes. I cussed silently and stepped back. The sound of bullets sound through this cave and the creature turned back to Arix and Caleb. I took that moment to shoot it as much times possible. I have no idea how to kill this thing, hell I don't even know what it is.