Twenty

Jace moved a bunch of leaves from in front of us and informed me that we were almost there, like what he did for the past twenty minutes. I roll my eyes every time he says it.

"Jace," I call. He hummed his reply, so I went on to speak, "What if we don't get the blood? Or we get captured or something?"

"Stop stressing, Jaxyn. Everything will be fine. Trust me," he assures. I nod my head. I feel like I have to trust him. I know he's been around here and in the castle before so he obviously knows what he's doing. So I do trust him. I trust him completely.

I walked faster so that I reach his level. We walked a little further and I groaned. He says we would have been there soon, why the hell are we still walking?!

"All our friends are gone..." I speak again. Jace nodded, "Yeah. Look," he points forward. I don't know if it's in my imagination but I could swear I see the peak of a castle. My eyes widened and a soft squeal left my lips. Without thinking I hugged Jace and continued my squealing.

"Shut up," he says. He looks straight ahead as we walked closer. I remained holding his hand as we walked. I was good with that. I was glad he didn't pull his hand away. We stood a savannah away from the castle. The forest ends where we stood and the castle was way over on the other side of the field. It's huge and ancient. Everything about it screams darkness. There are dark clouds hanging over it sadly and they slowly spread to the rest of the place. The field in front of it doesn't look like a field anyone would want to go play in. The grass is dry and dead, and that's it. There isn't anything else.

Jace glanced down at me, "You ready?"

"For what?" I rose a single eyebrow as I stared at him. What the hell is he talking about? He chuckled, "Can you run? Fast?"

"Uh... I guess," I mumble.

"Are you sure. You have to be fast, like invisible fast."

"I don't- I don't know," I honestly answer. He swallowed then bit his bottom lip, "You should feed..."

"Nope. No, no, no. I can't do that again."

"Fine. Stay here, while I go. Don't move-" I stop him.

"No, I'm going," I sigh. It's like he's begging me to feed from him.

"No, I'm begging you to be smart and come with me," he says then holds out his wrists. "Remember I need also, okay?"

I nod, "Okay." I take a deep breath and wrapped my fingers around his wrist, bringing it up to my lips. I stared at his pale skin for a while then kissed his wrist. Two seconds later, my teeth were sinking into his veins. As I do so, I chant in my head to control myself. I can do it. Only take what I need.

I enjoyed his blood running down my system. But I don't enjoy it enough for Jace to leave me permanently for it. I pull away and dropped his arms. I feel full, and satisfied. I didn't continue. I smile at myself.

"Thank you," I smile at him. He nodded, "Okay, let's go."

"Be the quickest you can," he added. I breathe in and he took my hand. In a matter of milliseconds, we were off. I find this exceptionally easy. It's way too easy. We made it to the castle in a matter of seconds.

Jace stared at me, with a confused look. He furrowed his brows then glanced at the huge brown wooden door. He indicated for me to look at it and I do so. I don't find anything weird about it. It's a door.

"It's an unprotected door," he pointed out.

"And?" I question. He rolled his eyes, "It's too easy, Jaxyn. They know we were coming..." he mumbled and pulled me closer to him. His eyes scanned the place, maybe for an escape.