Nine

Weeks passed, but there was no sign of Arix

Weeks passed, but there was no sign of Arix. I've grown accustomed to my surroundings now, but I still haven't figured out what Jace is or where Arix is. Some of them are saying she's already dead, that the demons got her. Which then led me to ask why she was even going to the castle.

I don't believe Arix is dead. Although they say it's her longest time out, I don't think she'll allow whatever is out there to kill her. Whatever she is, she's still alive. I'm dying to find out where and why she's going though. What could be so important that she risks her life to get to the castle? What is she?

"You always fucking zone out when I'm talking to you," Jace says to me. I sigh and ran my fingers through my hair, "sorry, just thinking..."

"Wow. That's stupid." I don't even know why he's upset. He gets upset for absolutely no reason, then be leaves, and comes back like ten minutes later. It's really annoying!

Just as predicted, Jace left. He went out the room, leaving me alone. I groaned and leaned my head back on this silly couch in his room.

These days I find myself in Jace's room a lot. I mean, of course I'll be with Xena sometimes, but it's mostly Jace, weirdly. And he's actually warming up to me. It's nice to know I have a friend in him, sometimes.

Not long after, Xena came into the room. She explained to me that we needed to go downstairs. Apparently Ellen is having an important meeting. I walked out the room to meet Caleb and Xena outside. They walked in front of me down the halls. And out of the blue, appeared Jace. I can't believe thinks he can just show up after being so cold towards me. It hasn't even been such a long time.

I look at him, waiting for him to look back at me. He stopped and I stopped also. Xena and Caleb walked off. I continued my staring.

"What?" he rose a brow.

"Why do you do that?" I groan, "You come to me, then expect me to apologize! I did nothing wrong!"

"Okay," he shrugged. He just does not care, like at all. How am I supposed to cope with this? I exasperatedly sigh and turned to start walking again, but then I stopped.

"Why are you always bothered with me?" I furrowed my brows and look back to him. I listened for his feelings but was to no avail. Why can't get just allow me to know how he's feeling? It's killing me that I don't know.

"Because you're always bothering me," he shrugged. That's not the answer I was looking for. "That's not what I meant and you know it."

"I don't know what you're talking about," he shrugged his shoulders. I smiled and narrowed my eyes, "of course you do. Why are you blocking your feelings?"

"Why are you blocking your thoughts?" he raised a brow. I bite my bottom lip. I don't know why I'm blocking my thoughts. I don't know what to think right now. I don't even know what I want him I think or feel.

Jace smirked, as though he's challenging me to open up my thoughts to him. I'm not going to do that, though. I probably might consider it if he opens up his feelings to me.