Five

Arix walked to me with a pair of contacts in her palms

Arix walked to me with a pair of contacts in her palms. She wore a grin on her face and came to where I sat.

Jace told us he doesn't want us in his room, so we had to go to mine. Arix said her boyfriend was sleeping in hers.

So, her way of helping me fit in, is by putting in contacts. I know soon, I'll probably have to get tattoos to actually be part of them and feel like I belong, but I don't want that. I'm good with just the contacts.

"Do you really want this long hair?" she asked me skeptically after she put in the contacts. I stood up and touched my hair, "what?"

"Oh nothing. Let's get you in some clothes... That doesn't make you look like a twenty hundred year old vampire Princess."

"Uh..." I trail off. I'm literally scared to see what she's going to pick out for me to wear. She left the room and came back in about a second, with a handful of clothes. She dropped them on a couch. All of them were blank and leather. I'm guessing she's not into color...

"Okay, get changed and come down stairs. It's getting dark and we need to feed."

Now that she mentioned it, I'm extremely hungry. I don't remember the last time I fed... Oh wait...

Arix left the room in a flash, and I decided to actually use my speed to put on my clothes. I'm thirsty, I need to feed. If I don't get a taste of blood soon, I'll probably feed on myself.

Also, I'm hoping that in order to feed, I'll get to go outside. Which is something I really want to do. I guess my curiosity will always get the better of me. Though I wouldn't know because the only memory I have of myself is from earlier today.

I make my way out of the room in the halls, where I met up with Arix and Jace. She grinned at my attire then was out of the halls in seconds, and I was left with Jace.

"You have to be extremely fast out there," Jace told me and he actually walked with me to the stairs. Then after that, he used speed and left me at the top of the staircase. I sighed then follow his movements, only because I have questions.

"Why? What's out there? Aren't we just going for food?" I ask as we began to walk again.

"Wow, red eyes. While you were up in that Castle being treated like a fucking Queen, we were down here fending for ourselves," he spits. I don't get why he's so upset. I didn't say anything wrong... I think.

Jace sighed, "It's never just going for food." He demanded and sped off to where the others were. I think everyone is going out for food now.

"Tell me what I have to face," I demanded as I followed him. He ignored me obviously, so I turned front to face the backs of thousands of vampires.

I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know what's out there, I can't go. But I need to eat. How will I eat if I can't go look for food.

Right now, honestly, I'm really considering staying back. I think of all the possible things that could be out there and I step back a bit. This is crazy...