"Knock it off," Jimmy spat. Even he couldn't hold back his laughter when he stared at Robert's straight face. He looked at me sweetly. "Robert's an aggro sometimes. Don't mind him, he won't bite."

   Robert made a biting motion with his teeth and Vicky laughed, then rested her head on Jimmy's shoulder, not wanting contact with anyone else, should they have a faster wit or retort than her.

  Jimmy looked down at her and chuckled. "Don't be shy, love. I rather think you're quite enjoyable." Vicky smiled but didn't look at him. Honestly, are my feelings really that readable? Poker face, Vicky, breathe...

  "Why me?" she asked.

  "What?" Jimmy spoke curiously, looking back and forth between her and the boys.

  "Why did you call me backstage out of thousands of fans?" she rephrased, curious. She really wanted to know. Why had he picked Vicky put of them all?

  He rested his head on the window, closing his eyes as if he were trying to sleep. His arms were comfortably placed next to each other on his inner thighs and he looked like a real human being for a change. "Well, for one, you're beautiful." He looked over at Vicky who was blushing, and when she didn't say anything, he continued. "And I've seen a lot of groupies, and none of them are as polite as you. Even in the crowd, you were a real lady. I like that."

  Jimmy knew that this was true, but he knew also that this was all aimed towards his ulterior motive.

                                                                    ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

   The limo pulled into the hotel parking lot and the other boys and groupies surged out, not saying where they were going. Jimmy took my hand and we left the limo and made our way inside.

   She looked over at Jimmy, who had made his way to the sidewalk, and joined him, holding one of the guitars around the neck. It was heavier than she had expected. While walking in, Vicky looked over and up at Jimmy, prepared to ask him the question that had burning her mind since she got into the car. "So what are we going to do?"

  Jimmy looked down at her casually. "Have a glass or two of some wine. If you need a ride home, Robert would be more than happy to drive you where ever-- I can't drive. But you can stay over if you want. I have a guest bedroom."

  "I......" Vicky began. She didn't know where she was going with her thought, so she dropped in and walked into the building before Jimmy. Jimmy motioned for her to take the elevator and she waited near the two silver doors. A light over top the door flicked on, indicating that the elevator was coming down.

  The two doors opened and Jimmy hid his face. A couple walked out, conversing, and left without noticing Jimmy. Together he and Vicky boarded the elevator and waited for the doors to close.

  A lady talking to a manager at the lobby desk glanced at Jimmy and looked back. Then she realized who she had just seen. She turned tail and ran toward the elevator. Jimmy pressed the "CLOSE DOOR" button five times quickly and the doors closed before the lady even had a chance of getting in.

   Elevator music began. Vicky smiled up at Jimmy, who grinned back. She still couldn't believe how lucky she was to be with him.

  The elevator dinged every time they passed a floor until it got to the sixth one. On that one, it opened and Jimmy walked out, looking back for Vicky. She followed and together they walked down the hall until they got to the very last room on the floor next to an artfully crafted mirror.