Chapter 33 - One Lost, One Found

As I watched Alec run off, I hesitated at the top of the steps.

"Are you okay Annabel?"

"No, Mike. I know Taylor is down these steps. I can feel him. But, we all made a promise to stick together."

"What do you want to do Annabel?"

"We go after Alec, and find Cleo. We do this together."

"Then what are we still standing around for? Let's go."

I took one look down the stairs and whispered the words...

"I'm here for you Taylor. Mummy's here. Just hold on a little longer."

A tear ran down my face, as I turned back towards the others, and followed them down the corridor.

"Hold on."

"What is it Mike?"

"You don't hear that Claire?"

"Yeah, sounds like someone in pain. It's coming from that room, over there."

"Oh my God."

"Annabel?"

"That's the same room we heard the children in."

We ran towards the door, and Mike kicked it open. I was the last to enter. There, sat in the middle of the room, was Alec, cradling Cleo.

"No!!!"

"Get her out of here Mike, she doesn't need to see this!!"

"Get your damn hands off me, Mike!! What happened to her Alec!?"

Cleo had a chunk of flesh, ripped out of her neck, and was bleeding badly. I rushed beside her, and put my hand over Alec's hand, that he placed over the wound. His eyes were red raw, from the tears.

"You're going to be okay Cleo. We're going to get you some help."

"It's too late Annabel. She's gone."

"No!! We can help her!!"

Claire put her arms around me, and pulled me back, before turning me around and held me.

"Let her go Annabel. There is nothing we can do for her now."

Just as I was about to say something, the door flew open, and two men came in, holding guns towards us. Before I could even move, Claire swung me behind her and pulled out her gun. As did Mike. I looked down towards Alec, who was still holding Cleo, before he then stood up.

"Vincent, you son of a bitch."

"Nice to meet you again Mr. Hewitt, or as you are also known as, Mr. Perry."

"I watched you burn you bastard."

"No, you watched my colleagues burn. I was fortunate enough to escape. I see your friend down there, has bumped into one of our initiates. Ohhh, she didn't come out to well. Poor Cleo, she should have stayed loyal. Now, who else do we have here? Ahh, young Annabel, you have caused us a huge headache. And, two of London's finest, I believe, Mike, and Claire? Yes, we have been monitoring you all. So, how do we do this? How about you all lower your weapons, and we can come to an arrangement. Or, we do this the hard way."

"Fuck you!"

Mike and Alec, in tandom, both fired their guns. One shot each. Each bullet hitting the two men, straight in the middle of their forehead, as they hit the floor.

"Arrange that, bitch!"

"Mike?"

"Save it Claire. You want to end up like Cleo?"