Chapter 11 - A Welcome Release

How could I have been so stupid? The woman who wanted to rip me and Aaron apart, was the one who took Taylor. We had broke up. I had left Aaron alone and never pestered him. Why would she want to continue this by taking Taylor?

"Edith Turnbull is Aarons Grandmother!"

"Now hold on Miss. Thomas. To start accusing people of anything, based on a dream, can get you, and me, in serious trouble. We need more evidence, actual evidence."

"It has to be her."

"Surely if Edith Turnbull was Aaron's Grandmother, you would have recognised her from day one?"

"No, I never got to meet Aaron's Grandmother. She hated me. Thought I was trying to lead her precious Grandson astray. We only ever spoke once. I answered Aaron's phone and she gave me a stern lecture as soon as she knew it was me. Aaron would tell me all the horrible things she said and did his best to keep us apart."

"I'm going to be off duty in a few hours. The department is going to move you to a hostel and have a unit watching over you. I will get one of the guys in the office to do a background check on all the names you have mentioned today. In a couple of days, I will come to see you, and by then, all checks will have been made and we can start on the investigation."

"You mean you're leaving me?"

"I'm not leaving you. We can't do anything yet, until we have checked all possible leads. I will give you my number, if anything should come up in the next two days, you call me as soon as possible, okay? And call me Mike from now."

"I'm sorry to disturb the two of you, but PC Flannigan, that young man is at reception again."

"Thank you nurse. Miss. Thomas, I'm just going to reception, I will be back in one minute."

I know it is her. It has to be her. That evil bitch was always looking for a way to punish me. I bet Aaron is in on it aswel. The whole family is screwed up. When I get my hands on them, it will be them that need the police protection.

"That was quick."

"Miss. Thomas, this young man has been in every single day asking about you. He says he is your cousin?"

Right behind Mike, Paul walked in.

"You bastard!"

I ran up to Paul and pushed him against the wall, hitting him with both hands as hard as I could. I don't know where the strength came from as Mike struggled to pull me off him.

"Miss. Thomas! Calm down!"

"Annabel. please stop. Let me explain."

"Where is my son!!?"

"Will you stop hitting me!"

Mike managed to pull me away and sat me on the bed.

"Miss. Thomas, if you do that again, I will have no choice but to arrest you, now calm down and stay on the bed! You, stay over against the wall!"

"Annabel, I'm sorry. When you went, our family didn't want any of us to come after you. I didn't want to be part of that. I have looked for you for months and then heard about this in the newspaper."

"I was in the paper? And still, non of my family wanted to come and see if I was okay!?"

"Look, Annabel, they don't read the papers, they probably don't even know about this. I never told them, because I wanted to see you first. I'm sorry about Taylor, but I have no idea where he is, or who has him."

"I need to step outside and take this call. If I come back to you both fighting, you will spend the night in the cells."

"Hello?...Oh, and Annabel, please just stay calm. I'll be right back. Hello, who is this?""

Mike left the room and Paul sat next me on the bed. I wanted to still punch him in the face, but instead, started crying. I asked him about Aaron and he told me that when I left, he never seen or spoke to him again. I told him of my suspicions, but he never knew Aarons family. He asked me how I was doing before the fire and why I cut him off like I did everyone else.

"Annabel, whatever happened in the past, is the past. Don't let this be the last time I see you. I want to be here for you. I know I can't do much, but I want to help you get back Taylor."

"Thank you Paul, I missed you so much."

"Okay, I can see that you two have made up with eachother. Unfortunately Paul, I need to ask you to leave. Annabel, I have to go shortly. There is a unit on the way to take you, and will stay with you until I return."

"Wait, I want to still see Annabel?"

"Miss. Thomas?"

"He is okay, can he know where I'm going?"

"It's best that nobody knows where you are at the minute, just for safety reasons."

"Paul, I still have your number, I will call you in a couple of days."

"Speak to you soon Annabel. Thank you officer."

I felt bad about hitting Paul. I was so angry. Finally though, leaving this hospital means better food, and no more smell. The nurses where nice, but I just hate hospitals, no privacy at all.