Chapter 32 - Into The Manor

The landscape of the island was incredible. Hills, as far as the eye could see. And, a sense of calming from the sea breeze that engulfed the whole island. It was a shame that so much evil, inhabits the very ground we are walking on.

We approached the abandoned house, that Alec and Cleo, were waiting in. Just before we entered, I took a glance at the huge house about two hundred yards from here, on one of the hills, and my mind wandered...

"Annabel? Are you ready to come inside?"

"Oh, sorry Mike, I was miles away. Yes."

In the short time that Alec had been here, he had turned the house into a base of operations. Bluprints, and pictures, littered the walls. The two tables were full of black clothes, guns, ammo, and other pieces of equipment, that I can only assume Alec thought we needed.

"Right guys, gather around. I'm just going to get straight to the point, then we leave."

"I just want to say Alec, I'm right behind you on this."

"Thank you Mike. Now, we are going to split into two groups. Mike, you will take Cleo, and

Annabel, and approach the Manor from the back. Claire, you will come with me."

"Wait, is this wise?"

"Yes Claire. We cover more ground that way. I don't want to be in that place, any longer than we need to be. We leave here at sunset, and we all wear these black clothes that I brought. We will keep in touch with these radios, and we will all be well equiped. From the plans I have here, there should be an entrance to the cellar at the centre of the house, under the main staircase."

"Alec, these blueprints are decades old. How do you know that everything will be in the right place?"

"There is a high chance they will Mike. If not, that is why we are splitting up. All we need to do, is get to this point in the Manor."

"How do we approach resistence Alec?"

"I will answer this one Alec. With minimal force possible. I stand by what I said at the start, that we are not a vigilante group. Only when needed, and as a last resort, do I want to see anyone using excessive force."

"We all in agreement?"

Everyone seemed happy with the plan. Everyone except me. I was stood next to one of the tables, that had the guns on, and slipped one into my pocket, along with some of the bullets next to it. I had no idea, if the bullets were the right ones for this gun, but if they weren't, I would just use the gun to smash that bitch's head in.

"We have an hour, before the sun goes down, so everyone gear up. Annabel, can I talk with you outside?"

I went outside with Alec, trying to conceal the gun I had just put in my pocket.

"It's okay Annabel, you picket up a loaded gun, you have no need for extra ammo. And besides, you picked up the wrong bullets."

"You set me up to get one, didn't you?"

"Yes, you need one Annabel."

"Do the others know I have one?"

"They are aware you will get access to one, and won't stop you."

"Do you really think I need to use this?"

"Aaron said you do, and I'm taking no chances."

"I want to hurt her real bad Alec, but I don't think I have it in me to kill another person."

"I'm not here to tell you what choice you have to make, but I strongly urge you to do this."

"I don't know Alec. I'll have to see."