Day

Crest's POV

"Mom? Your eyes still red. Are you sure it's just because of dust? I could tell Dad to kiss it. My Mommy Precious always kiss the pain away." Clinton said holding my hand while looking up at me. We're walking hand in hand at the shore again but with Lyzeo.

Clinton is between us, so that means I don't need to hold Lyzeo's hand. I'm used to the fact that he's not around most of the time...but not to the state that he won't be part of my life.

We don't have really any sweet moments like any other couple, but still I fell in love with him. We even didn't experience a date. But I still love him.

Maybe it's not about the time and experience that count but the appreciation and the way he makes me special.

"Mom! Are you listening?" I heard Clinton asked. My senses came to life when I heard his voice. "Huh?" I asked, clueless and he scratch his head.

He pouted and crosses his arm. "You're not listening" he said. He's standing in front of me, giving me a sad look. Lyzeo picked him up, cheering him up by tickling. He still didn't laugh. I stepped closer to them and hold his hands.

"Clinton, I'm sorry. Mom just spaced out" I said, cooing him. His eyes widen and smile. "Apology accepted... But Mom," he began, grinning widely. Waiting for him to continue, Lyzeo wink at him. "You need to hold Dad's hand." He finished and Lyzeo offered his hand.

I hesitantly took it by mine and smile at them. Lyzeo kissed my hand and whispers "I'll rather die protecting you than die without you."

He kissed my head and turn his gaze back to Clinton. "Good Job, Captain." He said and Clinton salutes.

Whenever I try to take back my hand, Lyzeo would just hold it tighter. His phone starts to ring and this is my chance to escape from his hold.

"Answer it" I said, trying again to take back my hand. He sighed and turn to Clinton. "Can you wait for a moment, Little Captain? Daddy's just gonna answer the call?" He asked and Clinton smiled.

He put him down but never let go of my hand. Pulling out his phone, he frowned at his phone. I gestured Clinton to come to me and bend over.

"Why don't you play with the water while Dad is talking to someone?" I asked, pointing the water near us.

He nodded and runs to the shallow part of the water.

"Yes, Glyde is dealing with that now"

"No, I can't"

"Let's talk later"

I listened to him while looking at Clinton. After seconds, he hung the call and looks at me. "If you need to go, you can. We'll be okay here" I said, looking up at him. He shook his head and smiles. "I never had a time to be with you since we arrived. I just want to relax right now" he answered, dragging me as he walks towards Clinton.

"You wanna go for a swim?" He asked him, bending over at his level. Clinton's eyes twinkle and he jumps with joy. "Yehey!" He shouted, happily.

I pulled Lyzeo's hand using my hand that he was holding. He stood straight and looks at me with an asking look.

"Are you sure? Our clothes are not appropriate for this." I asked, referring to our clothes.

He smiled, taking his shirt off and his phone from his pocket. He put it on the sand where the water couldn't reach "It's not a problem, Crest." He said, dragging me and picking up Clinton. "Wait! My phone" I said, pulling out my phone from my pocket.

I put it beside Lyzeo's and went back to them. He holds my hand and brought us to the part of the water that levels my neck.

I clung tighter to Lyzeo's hold as I remembered something... I don't know how to swim. He hold me tighter and looks at me, worried. "What's the problem?" He asked.

I looked away before I answer him, "I don't know how to swim". My cheeks turned bright red and I bit my lower lip. It's better if I could disappear right now.

He slowly let go of my hand. "Try to relax" he instructed but I keep holding his hand.

I can't. I'm scared.

"No, I can't" I said, panicking. "Just try. Trust me. I won't go" he encouraged. Clinton keeps playing with the water, splashing it.

"Just hold me" I said, intertwining our fingers. He nodded and I let myself relax. Minutes of trying, I've got the technique and learns how to swim.

To my joy, I suddenly hug him. He chuckled and hug me tighter. Clinton joined us and chuckled too.

Lyzeo whispered something to him and Clinton clapped his hands in excitement.

"Targeting Mom!  Targeting Mom!" Clinton said, looking at me then to Lyzeo. I backed and swim away from them as they chase me.

I tried to swim faster but they caught me. Lyzeo pulled me to him by hooking his arm around me. "Caught you" he said, smiling then they laughed at me.

"Teach me too, Dad. I want to learn how to swim" Clinton asked with pleading eyes. We chuckled at him and Lyzeo taught him how to.

We were like that for about an hour and went back to the house as we got tired.

Clinton let a yawn as we finished changing our clothes. "You need to sleep now, Captain." Lyzeo said, tucking Clinton in.

"Could we do that again, Dad?" He asked with a sleepy eyes. Lyzeo nodded and Clinton closes his eyes.

Lyzeo walked to me, looking straight into my eyes. "You need to rest too." He said, placing his arm around my waist. I nodded and smile. "I'll be back after I talk to Aaron and Alvin" he said, sounding more like a promise.

He pulled me closer and was about to place a kiss on my forehead when I placed my lips on his about a second long. "Be back" I said, pulling away from him. He smiled and makes his way to the door.

***

Don't give up!!!