Stay or Leave

Lyzeo's POV

Clinton's laughter woke me up. My eyes snapped open and saw him in Crest's arm. They're dancing and swaying without any music.

I checked the time in the alarm clock beside me. It's 7 o'clock in the morning. I turned to them again and smiled.

Clinton saw me and beamed. "Good Morning, Dad" He greeted, struggling at Crest's hold. She put him down, looking at me. Clinton ran to me and climb up on the bed.

He gave me a tight hug and giggled. "I supposed to wake you up a while ago but Mom told me to let you take your rest because you become a beast whenever you're awake. Did you sleep well, Dad? Huh?! Huh?!" He said, tugging my shirt. I sat down and pulled him closer.

"Yes, I slept well. Do you want to play with the beast?" I asked, tickling him. He laughs while struggling at my hold.

I put him down and he climbs down the bed. He starts to scream and laughing while running to Crest.

"Mommy! Mommy!" He screamed, jumping behind her. I followed him and pick him up. "Easy, now. Easy" I hushed, rubbing his back as he starts to cough and cough but still laughing.

"Dad... did you punch those guys who scared me?" He asked with an innocent look. I smiled, sitting on the edge of the bed and make him sit down on my lap. "Already done, captain" I answered, facing him to me.

"Now, take a bath first and we'll go somewhere" I said. I put him down and gave him his towel. Crest gave him a smile, leading him to the bathroom.

She came back, standing in front of me. "Tell me about yesterday" she began, looking at me with a dead look.

I sighed and pulled her next to me. "The one who was threatening you was not the one who did that." I began. "It's..it's not just them. There's a lot more."

Her brows met and she lick her lips. "What do you mean?" She asked, looking at me. I stood up, taking a folder which containing the lists of the organizations.

I gave it to her and she scan every page. "Those are the names of organizations that want to bring us down."

"Your brother leads the most powerful organization and my organization is just behind his. These two organizations could only be united after our wedding. All the other organizations want to prevent this from happening. Everyone of them wants power and wealth and they could only get that when they could defeat us. And defeating us means killing. Killing means...war." I ended looking at her eyes, hoping she wouldn't get mad.

"What's your plan? To kill them first before they could kill us?! It could end up with us, killing innocent people!" She retorted, snapping at me.

My blood starts to boil on the inside. "They're not innocent people, Crest. They kill too." I said, calmly. "Innocent or not... you can't just kill them" she insisted.

"It's not that easy, Crest. It's not easy! I can't just sit down when I know I could do something to protect you! They'll kill you! I almost lost you! and Clinton last night! I couldn't take if that ever happens again! Do you understand?! If I won't make a move instantly, I'll regret it!" I snapped, failed to stop myself from raising my voice.

Tears starts to form on her eyes and she looks at me in disgust. "Fine, kill them if you want. But don't use me as a reason. Find any other reason why you need to kill them. Not me. And if being with you could start a war... Then it's better to do the opposite" she said, standing in front of me but her back is facing on my direction.

"So you're giving up? You'll leave me just because of this?" I asked, couldn't believe what I just heard.

"If that's what I need to do" she answered, firmly.

"Let's talk later. I'll let you calm first" I said with my hands turned into a fist. I stood up when she speaks again, "No, I prefer now. Let me ask you..."  She began but I harshly grip her arm. "I said later! Don't decide things which are concerning the two of us. I won't let you do that" I replied.

Her tears escaped and her body starts to shake. I tried to pulled her to me but she moved away.

"I hate you. I hate you. You're not even thinking! It's not about them... It's about you! It's all about you! You selfish bastard!" she cried, punching me on my chest. "You're not even thinking! What if it's you who'll die? And not them? I hate to be left alone. I hate when I feel alone. I hate to feel stupid. Stupid that I could stop this but I didn't!"