Meet the Parents

We arrived at our house and he quickly opened my door.

I rolled my eyes "I can open that da-...door" I said, making sure to not to say some unpleasant words.

He chuckled. Bipolar.

"Hadn't heard the word gentleman?" He asked, putting his arm on my back as I got out from the car.

Here we go again, pretending to be okay in from of our parents.

Mama Elicia - my mother, greeted us as she opened the door. We kissed her cheeks as a sign of respect.

"So how's school?" She asked. I just shrugged.

"Well, it was great! We had lunch together and talked some things" He answered.

Lies, lies, lies.

Lyzeo Alwood is a great pretender and a big liar.

We entered the house and we found Lyzeo's parents and Glyde discussing something.

I greeted them with a genuine smile plastered on my face while Mama Elicia excused herself.

"Hey honey, how was your day?" Mama Marie - Lyzeo's mother asked.

It's payback time. Sometimes I love Karma.

"It was fun Ma, and Lyzeo is such a great guy. He told me that he won't use his car and won't go to parties this summer. He wants to be a good son to you, Ma" I lied.

I felt Lyzeo squeezed lightly my shoulder. His arm is still on my shoulder.

"Ma, don't listen to Crest, we just had this small argument a while ago because we got jealous over a girl who tried to flirt me" he said, I gasp. I glared at him and elbowed him.

He bent slightly when it pained him but recovered immediately. I saw how he clenched his jaw.

"Easy the two of you, son you're so sweet but you don't need to do it because you'll accompany Crest tomorrow to buy some swimwear and also the both of you will go to the grocery store to buy some things we need, okay? Cause we'll have our vacation at one of our resorts." Mama Marie informed.

I felt my eyes grew wider.

"Ma! I'm okay by myself. Be-" I was cut off by Papa Christoff "Crest, the both of you need some time for each other, that what makes every relationship lasts" He said a matter of fact.

"Pa, he'll just get bored" I said, but before Papa Christoff can speak, Lyzeo pulled me on a hug - a side hug. My arm automatically touch his back. In short, I hugged him back.

"You know I wouldn't" Lyzeo whispered at me then divert his gaze to his father. "So how about Glyde? I know he also has a task for tomorrow,right?" He asked and everyone's attention is on Glyde who's now pouting.

He didn't expect that Lyzeo would betray him.

Traitor.

"Well, he'll persuade Jane to come with us, I heard she loves beaches" Papa Christoff answered.

And the room filled with Glyde's childish reaction and our laughter.

This is the first time, Lyzeo and I agreed on something.