Ch. 30~ We're Punk Rock Now

Start from the beginning

"Why don't we go do something? Fun and crazy and unexpected!" He grinned.

I sniffled and wiped my eyes, "Yeah, let's go."

Michael grabbed my hand and we began searching through the streets of London to find something to do. We laughed as people looked at us like we were crackheads.

Damn, I was supposed to be mad at this boy.

"Look!" He pointed at a little shop.

It was a little tattoo and piercing parlour named 'The Lucky 17'.

"Let's go," I grinned as we entered the shop.

"Welcome to The Lucky 17! Please sign your name here and wait to be called," A girl at the front desk said.

Michael and I signed our names then sat down and discussed what we would get. Michael decided on getting his ears pierced, saying he wanted to "look punk". I decided on getting an industrial ear piercing on my ear and a nose piercing.

People will probably think I'm emo when I leave.

"Emma Burcham!" A woman called.

"That's me," I got up and followed her too a little room.

"A piercing, right?" She asked, washing her hands an putting on blue rubber gloves.

"Yeah, two actually. An industrial one on this ear and a nose piercing," I smiled.

"These'll look nice," The woman smiled.

"I hope," I mumbled nervously.

"Okay, first I'm going to disinfect the area around the piercing. Then, I'll mark the points with a marker and we'll use a hollowed needle to make the piercing. We'll disinfect it again and put in the earring," She said. "And there is no numbing used, so you will feel pain. I'll give you other information after we're done. You ready?"

I nodded my head and she instructed my to lay down. I did as she directed and soon, she was marking my ear on wear to pierce. She then took me to a small glass case and had me pick out an earring. I picked out the standard silver ring and was told to lay down again.

"Ok, ready? 1-2-3," She said, quickly getting it over with.

I held my breath and she quickly put in the earring. After she cleaned up and directed me how to take care of it and clean it, we got prepared for my nose piercing. The piercing I chose was a simple diamond stud, it looked nice and would match anything. We went through all the steps and soon we were done.

I was given directions on how to clean and take care of the piercings. Then, I went to the front counter and paid for my piercings. I walked back to the waiting area where I saw Michael.

"Hey!" He cheered. "They look nice."

"Yours too, Mr. Rockstar!" I smiled.

"Let's see, 10:45. Wanna head back?" Michael looked at his phone.

"Sure," I shrugged.

We walked back to the house in a comfortable silence. Too bad the whole way I was having an internal debate. I was supposed to be mad at this boy, but I felt like I had to forgive him.

Why was everything so hard?

"We're home!" Michael yelled.

"Hey- oh my god!" Calum gawked.

"What?" I asked.

"Everyone get your asses down here!" Calum yelled.

Everyone came thundering down the stairs, except Kaitlyn and Luke.

"Where's Kaitlyn and Luke?" Emily yelled.

"Kaitlyn! Luke! Stop sucking each others faces and get down here!" Calum yelled.

After a while of silence, Calum's phone went off. He unlocked it an read the text. He laughed as he read us the text from Luke, "Pants are already off. Ain't stopping now."

"Wait, who's room?" I asked.

My phone buzzed and I slid it open. It was a text from Kaitlyn which read, 'Don't come in our room for awhile. We're in here. I'll clean up.'

"They are so gross," I mumbled, after I read the text aloud.

"So, why'd you need us?" Ashton asked.

"They're punk now," Calum whispered.

Everyone looked at our piercings and laughed or complimented them. Michael's phone went off and I saw it was a twitter notification. He opened the tweet and attached to it was a picture of Michael and I's piercings. The tweet read, 'I hate following the rules.' 'Yeah, let's look punk rock.'

I laughed, "You're a bunch of douchebags."