Chapter 15 - This is my fate?!?! A crazy stepmother! A voice in my head! Just sign me up as crazy!!

Sorry if it doesn't make much sense. I'm tired . . . I was at my horse all day, and then found out I had to walk home which takes an hour on a good day. But guess what! IT'S SNOWED!! (and is still snowing) It was really thick (about 4-5inches - and getting thicker) and I kept on slipping and falling over. However, it was really fun =D

Anyway, I suddenly had the urge to continue writing, so please enjoy.

Yours randomly,

NightshadeNiki

xx

********************************************

<B><U>This is my fate?!?! A crazy stepmother . . . A voice talking in my head . . . Just give me the list, and sign me up as crazy now!!</B></U>

Recap . . .

I crawled over to Lexie where she lay on the floor, fearing that she might have hurt herself . . . or worse. When I got to her, she was out cold, but there didn't seem to be any serious damage, only a few scrapes where she had landed.

Her eyes were closed, and it almost looked as though she was sleeping. Suddenly very curious, I gently lifted her eyelid. Her eyes were once again a deep violet, no crimson to be seen. I sighed, letting the eyelid fall back, and stood up. I bent down slowly, suddenly feeling really tired, and picked her up. I started walking, thinking about all the questions she was going to get when she woke up. Let's just say there were going to be a lot.

<u>Chapter 15</B></U>

Lexies POV

I was walking through a forest . . . dense and dark, no light to be seen shining through the tightly packed, thick, green leaves. I had no idea how I had got here, no memories at all of anything . . . I didn't even know my own name. <I>Who was I?</I> I thought. <I>Where was I</I> The forest around me was thick and green, and something tweaked at the edges of my mind. I was sure I had never been here in my life, but for some reason, it seemed strangely familiar. A stick snapped underneath my foot, and I felt myself jump in surprise. The sound seemed to echo in the surrounding air, reverberating like lightning.

It was quiet . . . too quiet.

I continued walking, not knowing where I was going. It was as if I had no control over my feet . . . they led me through the pathless forest, seemingly unhesitant . . . with complete abandon.

I knew I should have felt scared, but I somehow couldn't bring myself to do so. I wanted to stop, but I didn't. I felt as though I <I>had</I> to carry on . . . as though there was somewhere I was striving to get . . . someplace I couldn't avoid. I <I>had</I> to go there. There was no choice in the matter.

I had no idea how long I had walked for. It could have been minutes . . . or it could have been hours. Time was useless . . . pointless even. Time didn't mean anything to me . . . all I knew was the forest . . . and some unknown place I had to get to . . . somewhere that was hiding in the depths of my subconscious.

I woke up with a start, lathered in sweat and shivering, my eyes closed. I could remember every single detail of the dream, see it on the backs of my eyelids. It had seemed so real . . . so <I>vivid</I> . . . almost like a memory. But of course, it wasn't a memory. I had never felt the way I had in the dream before. So resolute, so purposeful. I had never wanted to do something as much as I had in that forest. I felt as though I was <I>meant</I> to be looking for something there . . . something important . . . something very important.

- But what could it be?

I sighed, not knowing how to answer the voice.

- . . . I don't know.