Chapter 2 - This is my fate?!?! A crazy stepmother! A voice in my head! Just sign me up as crazy!!

Well, heres chapter 2. please vote and comment!!!

************************************************************

This is my fate?!?! A crazy stepmother . . . A voice talking in my head . . . Just give me the list, and sign me up as crazy now!!

Recap. . .

I started walking down the stairs, but stopped dead at what I saw.

At the bottom of the stairs stood a livid Shannon, a look of pure hatred on her face. She started up the stairs, and then I noticed what she had in her hands.

- Uh oh. . . Now we're in for it.

- Tell me about it!!

Chapter 2

I did the only the only thing I could think of . . . I turned and ran. I admit it, it wasn't exactly the bravest thing to do, but I doubt Superman would have been able to stand straight under that glare.

I ran into my room, and slammed the door, locking it in the process. I thanked the lord that I had recently spent money on a new lock for my door. Otherwise, I would have been dog meat . . . literally.

"LEXIE!!! I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!! YOU GET YOUR LOUSY LITTLE BUTT OUT HERE RIGHT NOW, OR SO HELP ME . . ."

- Shit!!

- I know. . .

- What do we do now?

I looked around the room, looking for something . . . anything to fend off Shannon. There was a big, resounding, NOTHING!!

- DAM IT!!!

- You can't fight her off anyway . . . did you see her face.

She may look weak and frail, but I swear, she's not. I'd bet my months allowance she went to 'Pretty Girls Karate Class'

- Eww! Didn't need that image in my head.

- My thoughts exactly.

My gaze rested on the window. The huge oak trees branches reached out, almost touching my window.

- It's probably your best bet . . .

The voice sounded skeptical. I ignored the comment, and ran over to the window.

"LEXIE!! YOU HAVE TO THE COUNT OF THREE . . . IF YOU ARE NOT OUT HERE, GROVELING AT MY FEET, I SWEAR, I WILL BREAK THIS DOOR DOWN!!"

I scrambled to open the window, clumsy in my haste.

"ONE . . ."

I finally got it open, and threw it open. I swung one leg over the ledge, and then the other one.

"TWO . . ."

I hopped onto the branch, and hastily began climbing down the tree.

"THREE . . ."

I heard a massive crash and the door hit the floor, but didn't falter in my climbing.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!?!"

I smiled to myself, chuffed that I had confused her. I used to do this all the time, almost every day, but I hadn't done it for years. I found it ironic that the thing I used to do for enjoyment brought my escape now.

I reached the ground, and started running. Running came easily to me. it was natural. One of my favourite pass times was running, and I went for a morning jog every day.

I glanced over my shoulder and saw Shannon standing by my bedroom window. I just took in the look on her face when ran into something . . . something hard.

As I lay on the ground, I vaguely saw a figure standing over me. With a yell that sounded closer to a whisper, I heard Shannon say, "You're going to pay for killing my Fluffy!!"

Then the figure bent over me, and the world went black.

************************************************************

Let me know what you think please!!!