Chapter 11 - This is my fate?!?! A crazy stepmother! A voice in my head! Just sign me up as crazy!!

Sorry I haven't uploaded for a while guys. My internet was down, and it's taken forever for my mum to get it fixed. Anyway, PLEASE vote and comment. They make me happy, and when I'm happy, I write.

********************************************************

This is my fate?!?! A crazy stepmother . . . A voice talking in my head . . . Just give me the list, and sign me up as crazy now!!

Recap . . .

"It was my stomach. I'm kind of hungry. I haven't eaten since the day before yesterday you know?"

"Wow! That long?" He sounded concerned.

"Yup," I laughed. "Must be a new record for me!"

"Well then, lets go get you some food, shall we?"

Chapter 11

Aarons POV

Sheesh! This girl had an appetite. If I hadn't seen her eating it all myself, I would never have believed it. She was sat across the table from me, eating her sixth cheeseburger. I had only eaten three. I was now eating my chips slowly, waiting for her to finish. Suddenly, she looked up at me and grinned.

"You should see the look on your face," she said. "It's comical."

I frowned at her.

"Why?"

"You look so surprised. You should know that I don't stop eating until I'm done. It's always been like that."

It was true. She had always eaten a lot, without ever gaining weight either. Everyone used to envy her for it. She used to be able to eat chocolate all day long and then just run it off in ten minutes. I guess that hadn't changed. I smiled at her.

"So, do you still like running then?" I asked, curious.

"Yep. I go for a jog every morning after breakfast. I love the feeling it gives me. When you run fast enough, it's like you take off. It's like you soaring through the sky, flying like an eagle. It's the most wonderful feeling ever."

She had a dreamy look in her eyes, as if she was imagining the experience. I gazed into her violet eyes, and for a moment, I could see it. I could see the way she saw the world . . . at a distance . . . never getting attached to it. I could see that she was scared, and alone. She was terrified of it, but I don't think that she even knew that. She put on a brave exterior, but she never really felt it. She was alone in the world . . . and she hated it.

I leaned forward and squeezed her hand, and suddenly her eyes snapped back to me. She looked embarrassed. She wasn't used to letting her feelings show, I know. I didn't want her to feel ashamed of anything with me.

"I know how you feel. It's the feeling of freedom." I said, trying to ease her embarrassment.

"I know," she said, and she slowly smiled at me again. "Do you still run then?"

"Sometimes," I replied. "It helps me to forget things I would rather not think about."

"I know what you mean . . ." she said, and there was a look in her eyes . . . a look that said DANGER. As quickly as the look had come, it passed. "Shall we go?"

"Are you sure you've finished?" I asked, looking doubtfully at her half eaten burger.

She laughed. "I'm sure," she said, grabbing my hand and pulling me out the door. "Let's go!"

We were running down the road, hand in hand, and I had no idea where we were going. Lexie was almost dragging me along the road next to her. If I wasn't careful, I'd end up with the pavement imbedded in my face.