Chapter 7 - This is my fate?!?! A crazy stepmother! A voice in my head! Just sign me up as crazy!!

Heya everyone! sorry it took so long to write. ive been super busy with this geography project i have to do. i wanted it to be longer . . . but it didnt want to be!! ah well . . . lol. maybe next time

************************************************************

This is my fate?!?! A crazy stepmother . . . A voice talking in my head . . . Just give me the list, and sign me up as crazy now!!

Recap . . .

I looked down at the back of his head . . . at his straw coloured hair. He was in so much pain . . . and I wanted to make it feel better. I just didn't know how.

- So, you believe him then?

- Yes.

Aaron suddenly burst into tears . . . loud, uncontrollable sobs.

- What do I do!?

- Comfort him!

- How? I'm no good at this stuff!

- Any way you can . . .

"Thank you" I whispered, pulling him even tighter into the hug. "Thank you for trusting me with this."

Chapter 7

Aarons POV

"Thank you. Thank you for trusting me with this."

I was surprised. I had expected her to say something like "Sorry", like people normally do when they hear about something bad that's happened to you. Whenever I had told anyone my mum had died in the past, they had looked at me pityingly and said "Sorry". I know they were trying to be nice, but to be honest, it just annoyed the crap out of me. It made me feel like throwing their sorry back in their face. I didn't need their pity.

That's why her "Thank you" had startled me. She was thanking me . . . for trusting her. I had never come across anyone else who had done that. It was different . . . but nice. It felt better than pity . . . a LOT better!

In fact, I felt better than I had done in years. It was as if a great weight had been lifted off my chest. For the first time in years, I felt . . . happy.

Suddenly, I felt Lexie stiffen in my arms. I pulled away from her tight embrace, and looked down at her. What I saw surprised me. Her violet eyes were a deep purple, and silver flames seemed to dance and flicker around her pupils. Her face was blank, showing no emotion, and was framed with a few locks of dark, midnight hair. The only way I could see that something was wrong, was by the tension in her jaw.

"What's wrong?" I asked, suddenly anxious that she didn't want to be near me anymore.

"Nothing . . ." Her voice sounded hard, and she stared at the floor.

She was lying, I could tell. There was definitely something upsetting her. I wanted to know what it was . . . but it was clear she wasn't going to tell me. She could be stubborn when she wanted to be.

Once, when we were about 9, we had an argument. It was about something stupid . . . but she said wasn't going to talk to me again. I thought she was bluffing, so yelled the same thing back, and we didn't speak. I thought she would cave after a few days . . . a week at most . . . but she didn't. Whenever she saw me, she completely blanked me. Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. Eventually, I had to beg her to talk to me again. To make a long story short . . . I had to do some serious slave labour.

Anyway, I learnt from that not to underestimate her . . . or her stubbornness. It was good to see that this hadn't changed about her . . .

With no warning, she looked up at me, and all of a sudden, I felt breathless.

Her face was blank, but abruptly, her mask slipped. In that moment, I had never seen her look so vulnerable, or upset, or so utterly defenceless! She didn't seem like the girl I had known most of my life. She seemed so weak and breakable . . . as quickly as the mask had left, it returned again. She wasn't always as tough as she made out to be . . .

She gazed at me with an unfathomable expression. She looked like she was expecting me to do something . . . but what she wanted me to do . . . I had no idea!

Unexpectedly, she leant forward and gently pressed her lips to mine.

I gasped, surprised at the sudden contact, and froze. She didn't move, and just let her mouth hover over mine, touching ever so slightly. Her lips parted slightly, and her warm breath fluttered against my face. I opened my mouth a little bit, and our breath mingled. We both gasped as one, and I reached for her, pulling her closer into me. The kiss became passionate, and I felt blood surge through my veins.

Suddenly, the world around us seemed to spin and whirl. I pulled back instantly, and glanced at her. She looked back at me with worried eyes. So it wasn't only me imagining things.

I looked around the room, and saw that it wasn't the world spinning . . . just that all the furniture was flying around us through the air. They were moving fast, and dangerously close to us. I pulled Lexie towards me, shielding her . . . but somehow, the furniture never came quite close enough to hit us.

I was looking at the door, trying to work away out of the room without getting smashed to pieces by furniture, when it all suddenly fell to the floor again.

"What the . . .!?" Lexie said, and I couldn't agree with her more.

What the hell had just happened!? This sort of stuff wasn't meant to be possible . . . was it??

"Are you OK?" I asked, making sure she was alright.

"I'm fine . . . you?"

"Fine . . ."

For some strange reason, we both broke down into hysterical laughter. We fell to the floor, giggling uncontrollably, and started rolling on the floor.

It took me a good ten minutes before I could keep a straight face again. I came back to the real world, and noticed that Lexie was sat in my lap, still giggling slightly.

"I - don't - g-get - it . . ." she said, in between chuckles. "Why - are - we - laughing?"

"I don't know. But I don't think we should be. But I hear near death experiences do that to you . . . but that wasn't natural . . . that wasn't NORMAL!"

"Aaron," she said, her voice abruptly serious, "What honestly has been normal today?"

"I suppose you're right . . ." I replied.

We looked at each other for a few moments, trying to keep a straight face, before collapsing in laughter again.

************************************************************

PLZ PLZ PLZ COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!!!!

i really want to know what you all think!!