Chapter 5 - This is my fate?!?! A crazy stepmother! A voice in my head! Just sign me up as crazy!!

Sorry it's a bit short. i'm having a bit of a mental block at the moment . . . plus i have LOADS of homework i'm ment to be doing. i'll try to make the next one a bit longer.

************************************************************

This is my fate?!?! A crazy stepmother . . . A voice talking in my head . . . Just give me the list, and sign me up as crazy now!!

Recap . . .

My angry thoughts were interrupted by ragged breaths. I looked up to see Lexie hyperventilating.

"Lexie . . . ?"

I was concerned. She looked ready to fall to pieces. As if to prove my thought correct, she broke into sobs, and began sinking to the floor. I couldn't bear to see her that way . . . so I did the only thing I could think of to comfort her . . . I pulled her into a tight hug.

Chapter 5

Aarons POV

I sat on the floor, with her crying gently into my chest. We had been sat like this for a good ten minutes, but I didn't mind . . . at least she seemed to have gotten over her anger at me.

For now, that is . . .

She had stopped crying now, and was making funny, snuffling noises. As if she was trying to get control of herself again. I pulled her away for me, and looked into her tear filled, violet eyes. She met my gaze for a few seconds, before hastily pulling away, getting up off the floor. I saw her swipe at her eyes, trying to wipe away all traces of her tears.

"I'm s-sorry; I didn't m-mean to . . ." she stuttered.

She looked so vulnerable and defenceless that my heart went out to her. She used to be so fiery . . . so independent . . . so strong willed. It was killing me to see her like this. She must have been through a lot since I last saw her.

I stood up, and pulled her into a hug again. She relaxed into it for a few seconds, before tensing and pulling away.

"I need to go." She said, a bit more forcefully than she had to.

I looked at her, hurt that she was still mad at me. I wanted her to understand . . . but what could I say?! I couldn't exactly tell her the truth . . . Or could I?? Would she still want to be my friend if I told her the truth . . . ? Honest answer? I don't know. She had always been unpredictable . . . then again, she had always stayed loyal to her friends. But would she still class me as her friend? After all, I did abandon her when she my needed friendship the most . . . she would see that as betrayal. Maybe she would forgive me . . . if I bargained.

She turned, heading towards the door. I couldn't let her walk away . . .

"No! Please don't go!" I said pleading with her.

She turned toward me again, a slight self-hating look on her face.

"Why the hell shouldn't I Aaron!?" she retorted.

"Because I don't want you to. I need to talk to you. Please stay."

"Why should I stay?! You didn't!!"

Ouch! That stung. But I ignored the comment. I could see just how hurt she was . . . she tried to hide it, but her eyes said it all. I didn't want to say anything to make it worse. I debated internally for a few moments, before deciding what to do.

"What if I told you I had a really good explanation?? Would you stay and talk to me then?"

She looked surprised. Like she hadn't expected me to say that. She stared at me wordlessly for a few seconds, before nodding slightly, and sitting down on the floor where she was.

"I'm listening . . ." she said, looking everywhere but at me.

I looked down at her for a while, before copying her movement and sitting on the floor a few feet in front of her.

I watched her face until she looked at me, and met my gaze. She looked at me expectantly, waiting for my explanation.

I sighed. This was going to take a while.

"You might want to get comfy. It's a long story . . ."

************************************************************

Plz plz plz vote and comment!!