0.8

Next chapter though😍🙄....

-a misunderstanding of sorts-
0.8

[maisy]

Usually I was accompanied by Zayn, Laurel, or even Carter. But I was alone for the day and it was nice to relax, to not have a game night, be on some crazy adventure, or studying until my brain went into shock.

It was just a simple Sunday and the weather was now slowly warming up, with the winter frost melting.

The beginning of spring deserved special celebration. I was tying my shoes getting ready for a basic run out in the park.

The sun was baking my light skin. Most of the snow had thawed and the ground was damp. There was so much meaning behind the nature.

I was in a really great place today.

I was planning on doing some easy running for this particular afternoon, starting off at a medium pace. My feet bounced on the pavement following the trail. 

I wasn't really sure when I started my running, but when I stopped, my body was in a light layer of sweat. The sun had travelled to the west of the sky, turning it a noticeable shade darker shade.

I glanced at my phone and it read 6:20.

I sat down in the grass, cooling down from my run; people watching. I saw families, different ethnicities, in general a wide range of people who seemed to be loving the weather just like me. I figured I hadn't called my mother in a while, and it would be nice to hear her voice right about now.

She picked up on the second ring.

"Hey mom, thought I would call you to see how you are."

"Well I appreciate it, miss you bunches. When are you visiting?" She asked.

"I'm coming down for spring break I promise. Miss you too." I gushed out,  still trying to catch my breath from the run.

"Whatever happened with those jerks from the gala?"

I paused debating on whether or not I should even tell her, "I think it was, one more incident...I thought, but nothing factual that I could prove just an instinct thing. it was minor but "they"  haven't messed with me really since then."

She didn't say anything for a minute, "I see, well continue to carry that pepper spray, and always make good decisions... you just never know. "

I wanted to get off this topic and for whatever reason I thought of my annoying cousin, "How's Will?"

"He comes down one or two times a month with his dad for a cooked meal. He keeps asking about you. I think he misses you." She dished, like it was some type of secret.

"Of course he does, I kind of miss him too. But don't tell him I said that mom." I said laughing.

"What? Is that a sign of weakness." She pressed.

"Very much so, he'll never let me hear the end of it." I continued.

"Okay Maisy, make sure your studying and making good decisions, I'll let you go I have to pick up some things at the market. I love you."