0.1

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
-the beginning-
0.1

[maisy]

My pencil danced between the letter a and c for several minutes before I finally decided on c as my choice. It seemed to me that these exams were trying to destroy the GPA I had built up during the whole entire summer semester in a matter of two short hours.

I jumped slightly at the sound of the bell, "alright everyone turn in your papers, finished or not."

I could hear the full groans of the students who unfortunately didn't finish. I had, just in the nick in time.  Guess you could say my day started with a whole lot of anxiety. I laid my paper on top of all the other pitiful essays waiting to be stamped with big fat F's.

What a beautiful welcome back as my first few weeks in as a junior. My fingers pulled at my sweatshirt trying to conceal the rest of my exposed skin, it was way too chilly out for a September morning. I slumped down at a bench throwing my bag next to my feet, I was mentally tired from the exam. I reached down into my bag to get my phone when suddenly two hands were placed over my eyes, momentarily blinding me. I let out a shriek jumping off the bench.

As I turned around I saw Zayn with two steaming cups in his hands, I snatched one eagerly, " next time you do that I'm punching you in the face." I grumbled.

I took a big sip and immediately spit the content out onto the sidewalk in disgust, "eww, what the hell?"

Zayn looked at me with pursued lips, oops, "That was mine Maisy, I know you don't really care for coffee but there are a few individuals out there who do."

"Gee sorry." I apologized taking the correct cup.

I left towards the subway with Zayn following closely behind. A few people brushed my shoulders, a car nearly ran us over, but eventually we made it onto the train we needed to get on. It took a little bit to get used to the hustle and bustle of city life, but I enjoyed it. It was faster than the suburbs, relentless.

Since my campus was located very close to the heart of New York City, I guess I had no choice but to learn quickly. Zayn made the shift between suburbans and city a bit easier, and he also allowed my mom to have a slight peace of mind.

He was just always there, kind of like my shadow. My classes for the day were finished but usually Zayn always came back to my place for lunch and then headed back out to campus to finish the day. I still head down to my pyschostrist that my mom suggested to help me with "healing"

Our sessions were very spontaneous.

I walked in, sitting down in the cheap cushioned chair. My fingers tucked a strand of hair that fell from my braid behind my ear.

I could see her cold eyes on my scarred wrist, horrible images came instantly as I thought of the  lowest point in my life, I almost didn't make it. Slowly I covered my wrist, ashamed of my acts.

"It's been several months I'm fine. Doesn't everyone want to just die at some point in their life." I confessed timidly.

"Maybe they do...but you acted on it-several times and thankfully never succeeded." She stated.

"It was twice, two times and I don't want to talk about anymore." I snapped growing very defensive about the subject.