0.3

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
-the mixed emotions of mine-
0.3

[maisy]

This was no ordinary Saturday, this was gala Saturday. The best of the best we're going to be there. I wanted to look good, not for anyone else like I used to, but for me.

I hopped in the shower real quick to do some last minute shaving. When I got out I started on my makeup, I opted for a dramatic smoky eye and a darker lip. After a few minutes I no longer looked like a rat.

I put on some music to liven up my mood, my jam came on and I immediately started bopping around the room singing the lyrics loudly. Finally I sat back at the table to finish my makeup I added a bit of shimmer in the corner of my eyes, a few coats of mascara some highlight on my cheeks and let my hair down.

It was still pretty damp, I was kinda hoping it would dry in time; because I really wanted to have my natural waves. Just then my cellphone rang cutting off the music I was playing. When I looked down at the screen it read "momma"

"Hey mom, what's up?" I answered picking up the phone

"Hey sweetheart,  Colin stopped by about four hours ago. He looked so sharp. Can't wait to see you!"

I nearly choked, "You're coming? It's just a gala mom."

I heard her laughter over the line, "no I'm not coming, just wanted to scare you. But I do miss seeing you around here. I swear next sememster your father and I are moving up around the suburbs of New York...hate being in another state."

"I know miss you guys more, I'll be coming up fall break, besides I already basically have three years in....what's one more?"

"You better come up, listen I don't want to hold you up, but makes sure you take tons of photos. Have a great time. Oh and be safe Maisy, I love you very much. So does your father, if you ever need me call me I'm always here to talk."

"Okay mom, I love you."

The music resumed playing and I walked to my closet,  pulling out the dress of my dreams. My mother had found it online and thought I'd like it. I did, it was a dark navy blue with a beaded halter top from the neckline to the waistline, the skirt was tulle stopping about two inches above my knees, and I was in love.

I finally got it on and put on my favorite nude ankle strapped heels. I put my gold paper plane on tucking it underneath my dress, added some perfume; threw a bit of money as well as some other essentials in my clutch and I was ready to go. I checked the time on my phone it was 6:57 he should be here any minute.

I started playing a game on my phone to pass the time, I was just gonna beat my high score on quiz panic when the doorbell rang. "Shoot! I almost had it."

I walked over opening the door. Colin stood there in a really nice crisp navy blue suit, in his hands were a bouquet of cream white roses. I let out a gasp, "Wow, they're so beautiful thank you, you look great as well."

"Anything for you, you look gorgeous Maisy." He smiled.

I thanked him again before heading out of the apartment dorm. He opened my door to the car, what a gentle man. The drive there was short but it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd me.