XXIX. Twitter.

"A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her."

- Marilyn Monroe

~*~

Andrea Russett

I woke up next to Kian in his bed. He snored lightly and twitched as I sat up slowly. I slid out of bed and grabbed my cell phone off the nightstand. I saw a text from Ricky, 'check your Twitter', and so I did. I got onto Twitter and looked at my feed, realizing Kenny's tweets.

Kenny Holland: Sometimes you'll never be good enough, not as good enough as he is atleast, but that's okay, because in the end, it'll be okay

Kenny Holland: To the people confused, yes, my heart was broken. No, I am not okay.

It's funny how people already suspected it was about me. My notifications were blowing up with people calling me names and defending Kenny. It's also funny how people are capable of such harsh words. 

Most people would ignore the problem. I however, did the exact opposite. 

Andrea Russett: Before you decide to have your followers come after me, feel free to use my name next time Kenny-boo :)

I hit the 'tweet' button and smiled at myself.

Instantly, my phone began to ring. Kenny was calling me. I looked over at Kian, who was still asleep, despite it being 7 PM. I walked over to his bedroom door, and then debated on leaving the room. I decided against it, scared to open his door, in fear of waking him. 

"Hello?"

His heavy breathing startled me, "you're starting drama Andrea."

"You're the one who is tweeting about it, and people assumed it was me!"

"They assumed right," he quickly retorted.

I growled quietly, "stop being so selfish and realize that your feelings aren't the only ones that matter! Because guess what, you're just selfish! Kian is the one I want, you're right. But there are other girls out there who would kill to be with you."

"And I would kill to be with you," his voice wavered, "Andrea Rose Russett, I'm in love with you. I can't help it. I've tried so hard to move on. I really have tried. And when I look at you, I fall in love with you all over again. I see that galaxy in your eyes. You smell beautiful, you are beautiful. I wish I wasn't so starstruck about you, but I am. I love you Andrea, that's not going to change."

I couldn't help but blush.

"I know you're happy with Kian. I understand that, I respect that. I just wish it was me who would wake up with you beside me. I wish it was me who could tweet adorably sweet tweets about you. Not him."

"I know Kenny." I whispered, desperate for Kian to not wake up, "I love you too. But I love Kian more."

Kenny sighed, "I understand."

I glanced at Kian, still asleep, "and maybe one day, if Kian and I don't work out, maybe you'll get your chance. Just promise me, that you won't wait on me. Okay?"

Kian sat up.

I jumped and quickly spoke into the phone, "Kenny? I got to go, talk to you later?" I hung up as fast as possible, and looked at Kian again.

"How much of that did you hear?" I questioned.

"I heard the part where you said 'I love you'," he frowned, "and everything after that."

The phone slid out of my hands and onto Kian's hardwood bedroom floor.

"I also said that I love you more, Kian."

"Doesn't matter Andrea," tears began to fill up in his eyes, "you love him too."

My head shook frantically, "but I love you more."

He stood up slowly, "it doesn't matter. I can't date you, not when I know that you love someone else as well, it just isn't fair."

My bottom lip shook, I held back tears. "Kian, please, no."

"Please, Andrea. Please understand. Maybe if the universe--"

"I don't care what the universe wants! I want you Kian. Fuck the universe, I want you. Okay?"

He shook his head, "Andrea."

Tears fell down my cheeks like waterfalls, "please Kian. I love you."

"Please leave," he choked out.

I bent down slowly and picked up my phone, desperate to find a reason to stay longer.

"I love you, but I can't do this." 

"I'm sorry," I replied. I turned around and left.