Chapter 21- Sweater Weather

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Niall James Horan, would you do me the honor of going to dinner with me tonight?" I asked.

He blushed even deeper and hid his face in his hands. "Yes." He smiled. I pulled his hands away from his beautiful face and pulled him into a tight embrace. 

 ----

"So what'll it be?" I asked him after giving him a moment to look over the menu. "I think I'll take a number 3." He said. 

"Nice choice," I smiled because I was getting the same. It was a large bowl of spaghetti and meatballs, 2 breadsticks, and a salad.  I called the number at the bottom of the sheet and ordered the food. The waiter said it should be up in 15 minutes or so.

"!5 minutes." I told Niall. "What do you want to do for 15 minutes?" I asked. 

Just then my phone went off. The screen lit up to show that my mum was calling. I met Niall's glance for only a second before answering. 

"Hello?"

"Harry, where are you?" My mum asked.

"Out." I said.

"You're grounded Harry, you need to get home." She said frantically.

"Mum , please don't worry about me. I have to take care of something it's really important." I said.

"Harry I need to know where you are." She begged.

"I can't tell you mum, but I promise I will be home tomorrow." I said.

"Harry you're not doing drugs are you?" She asked sadly.

"No! No mum, it's nothing bad. I just can't tell you."

"Harry," 

"Please mum, just trust me. I know it's alot to ask after everything I've done. But I need you to trust me right now." I said. I glanced up at Niall to see his eyes glassing over with tears. 

"I love you." She said softly. 

I reached out to wipe a falling tear off of Niall's cheek. With my eyes locked with his I whispered back an "I love you too."

The line went dead and I turned all my attention to Niall. "What's wrong?" 

"You're lying for me, it's tearing you apart." He said.

"No, shhh, it's not your fault. The lying started way before I found you." I told him seriously.

Finally there was a loud knock at the door. I looked through the peep hole before opening the door just in case.

I thanked the waiter and paid him. I sat the food down in front of a still upset Niall.

"Please be happy, it's our first date." I smiled.

He cracked a smile and opened the white sytrofoam box that held his food. We ate in a slightly uncomfortable silence. But things were always slightly uncomfortable between us. I was always afraid I'd push him to far. 

He fell asleep early, and after checking the locks on the doors and calling my mum one last time I too fell asleep.  

---

The next morning I woke up before him and ran down to the lobby to get us coffee. The wind was blowing roughly outside, the leaves were twisting and turning through the air. It looked wicked yet inviting at the same time. 

When I stepped through the door again Niall was sitting up in bed with a worried expression.

"Sorry Niall, I need to start leaving notes." I told him as I passed him a coffee.

"It's alright." He shivered. I smiled at him and reached for his backpack. "Here's lets find you something a little warmer. " 

I sat down beside the bag and placed my coffee between my knees to free my hands. I unzipped his bag carefully and pulled out the first thing I saw. I recognized the maroon sweater as my own. I smirked and passed it too him. He blushed a little before setting his coffee down and pulling it over his head.

"I like to wear your clothes." He said softly.

"I like it when you do." I told him.

He dropped his eyes from my face and reached back out for his coffee. "So where can we hide you now?" I asked on a more serious note.

He shrugged.

"Niall, we're running out of places." I told him.

He shook his head.

"Really? Then where do you suggest?" I asked.

Silence.

"This would be so much easier for everyone if you would just..." I stopped realizing that once again I had gone too far.

His eyes glassed over with tears and he refused to look at me. "If I'd just what?" His voice trembled. "No one wants me Harry, no one likes me, they don't even care."

"You're wrong." I told him.

"You don't count." He said.

"Are you kidding me?" I laughed in disbelief. "How do I not count?" 

"That's not what I meant." He said softly.

I wanted to shout at him and storm out of the room but I knew that it would get me no where. "Whatever, where do you want to go? We need to get you out of here as soon as possible and I need to get home, so I can get grounded for the rest of the year." I told him.

"Harry," He said softly. I could tell he was on the edge of tears. He was always on the edge of tears.

"Yeah?" I asked looking up at him. 

"I'm sorry," His lip trembled.

"Shh, it's okay. Niall I chose to stay. It's not your fault. Please don't cry." I begged.

He sniffed.

"Okay, come on. We'll go for a drive." I told him. 

vote.COMMENT.fan.