Thirteen.

I dressed in the required outfit picked out by Jake. Raven did my make up and I waited in the living room for Jake.

"Remember Bee, do what your heart tells you to, not your brain." I nod and take a deep breath. The sound of an engine roars up the driveway and I sigh.

"You gonna be okay here?" I say hugging Rave. She nods and eats her ice cream.

"If everything is terrible when you guys come back, we can go find a hotel alright?" I nod and she kisses my cheek. "Good luck."

"Babe are you ready?" Jake says coming in the through the door. I nod and walk up to him. He engulfs me in a hug and then links my arm.

"So where exactly are we going tonight?"

"Somewhere special." He winks at me and opens the car door for me.

The drive was fairly long. I just listened to the classical radio station watching the lights blur past me as we drove along. Almost the entire way though, I was having a fight with myself. I don't want to say yes, but I do.

"Babe we're here." He says smiling. I nod and get out of the car. I couldn't read the name of the restaurant but I'm pretty sure it was in Italian.

We walked inside and the smell of herbs and spices lingered around the room. It smelt great.

"Reservations under Tanner." He says to a man behind the desk. He had a funny moustache.

"Right this way sir." We get led to a table in the middle of the restaurant. Jake pushes my chair in for me and sits nervously down.

We make small conversations with each other before deciding what we were going to eat. He grew more and more nervous as we both began to finish what was on our plates.

"Do you want to come outside with me Bee?" He says standing up. I nod and he takes my hand and we leave the restaurant. We walk down the street a little bit and come to a park with little lanterns hanging around trees and in the bushes.

"Jake is everything okay? You've been acting weird this evening." He takes a deep breath and grips my hand a little tighter.

"I've been thinking about this for a while Bee. I want to commit more to this relationship than just giving you a promise ring. I want our relationship to be stronger than it is. Even though we haven't been on the best terms this past week, I still love you. I always will. Bridgette, you're an amazing girlfriend and best friend. You keep me going everyday, you almost have the energy for the both of us. I love you so much. On that note..." He pulls something out of his pocket and gets down on one knee. My breath hitches. "Bridgette Lucy Woods, will you do the honours of standing by my side for the majority of my life?" I let out a small tear.

'Do what your heart tells you, not your brain.' Ravens voice echoes through my head.

I started having an argument with myself in my head before making a decision.

"Bee?" I snap out of my stupid thoughts and focus back on Jake.

The ring glistened in the little light that was surrounding us.

I nod at him and smile.

"Yes." I manage to let out.