Five.

1 year later...

"Jake where are you?" I shout. I quickly put on one of his shirts and stumble out the door.

"I'm making food hurry up Bee!" He shouts back from downstairs. I smile and quickly run down to him.

"I smell and see bacon, pancakes and orange juice." I say taking a seat at the bench. He laughs and serves me a plate.

"Yup and you need to eat because we leave soon." I grab a fork and begin to eat the scrumptious food. He's such a good cook.

"Babe I don't get why I have to go to this business dinner thing with you, you're perfectly capable on your own."

"Well I want you to come with me so I can show you off. Plus, I bought you a dress for tonight. After the business meeting we're going straight to a dinner date." He gives me a large box with a bow in the middle of it. "Open it if you dare." He whispers.

He runs upstairs to get ready and I smile. I put my fork down and open the box. There was a beautiful cream dress folded neatly in there. I put the lid back on and finish eating.

"Did you see it?" I jump a little. I wasn't expecting him to come back down yet.

"Yes and I want to know how much it cost. Something like that costs a lot of money Jake." He smirks.

"Babe it doesn't matter how much it cost, as long as you like it that's all that matters." He kisses my cheek and takes my empty plate. "Now go and get ready." I take the box and run upstairs.

-

The dress clung to my sides and flowed perfectly down to my knees but was still tight. I straightened my hair and then put it half up and half down. I added pearl earrings and a silver necklace with the promise ring Jake gave me on our one year anniversary. He's so sweet.

"Bee are you re- damn." He says walking in.

"Do I look okay?" I brush the skirt part a little.

"Babe you look stunning." He quickly kisses me and then smiles. He takes my hand and we go downstairs. As we walk outside, there was a black Chrysler parked outside.

Someone came out of it and opened the door for us.

"The work paid for it." Jake whispers to me. I nod and get in the car.

The drive was long and quiet. I was so anxious to be at this meeting with Jake. I didn't know anyone there and his business was to professional for me.

"Bee are you okay?" I snap out of my thoughts and look at him.

"Yeah just nervous."

"Don't be. I'm going to be right by your side the whole time okay?" I nod and he holds my hand to reassure me.

The car came to a stop. We got out and he led me inside a small building. We went into a separate room where there were fancy tables and candles set out. I'm pretty sure the cutlery was shining.

In the far corner of the room or restaurant, whatever this place was, there were quite a few people sitting around a large table dressed nicely.

"My bosses name is Harry and his wife's name is Juliet." He quickly says to me. I nod and grip his hand tighter. I don't know why I was so nervous. Wait I remember now.

"Ah Jake you're here." I'm guessing it was his boss?

"Hello Harry." He goes up and shakes his and. "Juliet." He kisses her hand and brings me over to him.

"Is this the young lady you've been talking about?" Harry says.

"Yes. Everyone, this is my beautiful girlfriend, Bridgette." I wave shyly and everyone says 'hey' or something along the lines of that. We sit down across from Juliet and Harry.

Everyone was having a conversation about something. I would occasionally join in if my name was mentioned but other than that I would zone out.

I wonder how many people there are? As everyone was talking, I scanned the table counting everyone.

I was at 14 when I came across a familiar face.

That face I wasn't expecting to see ever again. He was looking directly at me, not losing eye contact.