Chapter XV: Unknown Caller

Kiana POV

I looked at the sky while sitting on the veranda and sees a lot of stars. I searched for the brightest star, and I did find it. I closed my eyes, and a memory flashed in my mind.

A little girl ran to her mom who is sitting in a chair on their veranda while looking up to the stars.

"Mom," She called her mother's attention.

Her mother lets her sit in her lap and started brushing her hair using her hands.

"Hey sweetie, why are you still up?" She asked her in a soft tone.

"I can't sleep, Mom." She answered. "Mom?" She said.

"Yes, sweetie?" Her Mom asked.

"Why do you love watching the stars?" She asked out of her curiosity.

Her mother stopped for a while because she was bewildered by the question of her daughter. Later on, she answered the question.

"Because I want to talk to my mom, your grandma who is now in heaven. I also want to speak to your father and brothers even though they may not hear what I will say." Mom said, but I didn't hear the last part because her voice became low.

"Now I know Mom, on how to talk with grandma." She chirped.

"Hmm, so if I will be not around and you want to talk to me just find the brightest star in the sky, okay?" Mom said as if she will leave.

"Mom, are you going somewhere?" She asked.

"Nope, I'm not going anywhere because I will always be there." Mom said and put her hand in my heart.

"I love you, Mom." She said sweetly and hugged her.

"I love you too sweetie." She said and kissed her daughter on the head. "Sleep now, sweetie."

"Okay Mom, good night." Her daughter said and laid her head in the arms of her mother.

"Good night." Her Mom had said before she drifted to sleep.

I opened my eyes, and a tear drop escaped from my left eye. I wiped it and looked to the star.

"Mom, I miss you so much, and I know that you're always there to guide Kiefer and me. I love you so much, Mom. Addio!" I said.

(Goodbye!)

I stayed like that for a while and then minutes passed, I decided to sleep. But my phone rang, I looked at the number, and it's an unknown. I answered it even though I don't know who's the caller.

"Hello, My Dear." The caller said and based on his voice it is a guy.

"Who is this?" I coldly asked.

"I'm your greatest nightmare." He is trying to piss me off.

"Oh really?" I said in a sarcastic way.

"Anyways, I just want to warn you. Your enemy is just out there, and they might be close to you HAHAHA." He said.

"Who the fvck are you?" I asked.

"Ohh! Someone's pissed already haha. Addio my dear!" He said and hung up.

I throw my phone on my bed and lay my body in the bed.