Chapter 17

A week later*

*only one more week in camp*

Lately Michael and I have been just friends and been doing friends stuff around camp. I got to know him even better than before. But that only made it more painful to resist him. I have told all this to Harry and Niall who I often facetime. I have noticed how when he's nervous he cracks his knuckles and tugs at his fingers, which happens alot when we are in an awkward silence. He also tends to look at me and bite his lip and just stare. It leads me to wonder if he thinks I'm ugly or gross or anything. Oh well. It's now Sunday an next Saturday our school will all be leaving camp. Yay! Back to our school! Often called for me, HELL. I hate it there especially when Allen always bullies me. That's how I started self harming. I haven't told any of my new friends about him I'm sure he won't hurt me around them, thank goodness for making new friends, but he'll probably still call me names in front of them and hurt me when their gone. We all decided to stay friends when we go back to school no matter what.

Oh well. I think as I'm now fully up and remember that there is a camp fire around ten tonight. That will be fun. I always loved the combination of campfires, soda, camping around a campfire in groups, and smores all in one night. "Are u ready for tonight Tris?" U nod yes as to answer Jade question. "Oh come on I can tell you're more excited about it than that."she says as she pushes me slightly. "Stop it" I put on my make up and place my shoes on go get breakfast with Jade. "Elly and Sophia said that they would meet us ." She proclaims as we head to the cafeteria. As I step in I see our table and Sophia and Elly sitting at it with Ashton, Luke, and Calum. "Where's Michael?" I ask curious. "Oh he's just cooking up a little surprise for everyone in his room." Luke and Ashton laugh at Calum's words. "Oh gosh." Elly and Jade say at once. But my attention is diverted by a now not red haired but smirking dashingly handsome bleachy blonde haired Michael. My heart is in a current state of swelling as I see him and stand. He looked so perfect standing there. He was...perfect.
He nodded like he was super cool playingly. (Picture above) I stood there and chewed my bottom lip vigorously. "How do u like it everyone." The now blond haired boy asked us. They all agreed it was cool. But I still couldn't move. "Tris?" He asked confused as he walked infront of me and waved his hand. I took a moment to realize how he was growing a rough stubly beard and my stomach flipped at how good it made him look. It was then that I noticed my knees had grown week and I started to fall. "Woah Tris snap out of it." Michael said as he caught me. I blushed hard when I noticed how he made me feel and how embarrassing it was. "I- I'm really, really sorry I-I- I'm a dunce." I say looking in his eyes. I straighten up and look at everyone's confused faces. "U okay Tris?" I heard someone say and as I turned around I couldn't help it but just the sight of him made me fall again. "Shit Michael! I h-have to g-go." I say as I run out.

***

I have been avoiding Michael ever since this morning. And now I kinda can't anymore. He's going to be in our group campfire obviously and it is now night. I take a big breath walk over to the newly lit campfire were all my friends are. I sit by Jade and Sophia and look down when I see Michael is right across from me on the other side of the sparking campfire. "There u are Tris, we were looking for u. I got your bedding and brought it." Elly says as she points to a big bundle of bedding. "Thanks." I mumble. Ashton comes over to the other side and sits right next to me between me and Sophia. He wraps his arm around me as to tell me,its okay. I give him an thanking look and look at Sophia who is shaking her head the same way as Ashton to me. They are a perfect couple. They never fight and always know what each other mean. It's like they can read each others minds. I wish I had a relationship like that.

"Ok well I think we better hit the sacks." Ashton said as everyone agreed after a long night of talking games and smores around the campfire. We all arranged our bags around the warm fire. I was in between Sophia and Jade. I walk over to the trash can to put my wrappers in. I drop one ad the rest go in and someone picks it up. "Tris what's wrong. I see that you have been a little uneasy lately." Ashton whispers curiously. "Well every since this morning it has been a little embarrassing. I mean everyone saw me and most importantly Michael. I don't know what to say if he asks me why I fell twice when he walked in." I whisper awkwardly. "Ohhhh, that. It's okay Tris. We told him you had weak knees from hiking alot. You're covered." Ashton says as I smile. "Aw that's so sweat. Thanks Ashton." I say as I think of how I was worried about nothing all day. We both go back to the fire where Michael I can tell is worried. But as soon as I smile at him he gives me back one of his genuine smiles and can tell he's fine now. Now I just want to rest and go to sleep I think as we eventually all do.

Michael Clifford- Next Door Neighborजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें