Chapter 16

Tris p.o.v.

It's been a week and i have barely seen Michael. He only eats and then heads back to the cabin. I can't help but want to run up and kiss him, he looks so sad. I hate it and because of that i have cut three more times this week. As me and Elly which i have become great friends with her and Sophia now, were walking out of our cabin to get breakfast earlier than usual cause
We both couldn't sleep, i notice red haired boy walking sleepily to the register in and out cabin and i immediately noticed it was Michael.

"What the hell is Michael Clifford doing up this early." Elly says jokingly. I don't know maybe we should see." J say getting worried. 'What if he leaves'.

We rush over to him. "Hey Clifford what are u doing?" I say as he turns around, looking quite annoyed. "I said no pet names and I'm leaving." He says with gritted teeth. But i know their is sadness behind the anger in his eyes as he won't even make eye contact with me. "Woah calm down there boy she was just worried u were gonna leave her cause she doesn't want u to so she said let's check to see and turns out, u r." Elly says as i nudge her, mad but blushing. "Really." Michael asks with an expression that i can't tell whether it's joy or sarcasm. He looks at me with a questioning face. "Who? Me? Oh umm...." i say as Elly decides to leave us. Which was quite rude. "Do u really not want me to go?" He asks his face lightening. "Well. Um. Yeah I wanted u to stay and mess around for the last two weeks we're all here." I say lieing. I didn't want to awkwardly tell him 'I want u to stay cause I'm madly in love with u and I want to never stop seeing your adorable face forever.' Cause he just saw me as a friend. "Yeah that's what I thought." He says as he loses the weird hope for something in his beautiful green eyes. "I'm still leaving. And can u do one thing for me though I mean I'll still see your annoying face when school starts when u get back buttttt....." he says as i shake my head trying in my mind not to get down on my knees and beg for him to stay. "What?" I ask. "Don't cut again." He says as i start to tear up. He turns confused at this and brings me into an awkward hug. As i stand there i feel his warmth and it helps me scrape up enough courage to say, "Mikey. I mean Michael. Can u stay? For me?" I ask trying to get him to stay one last time.

Michael p.o.v.

I can't believe that the words I've wanted to here all week finally came from her, the most beautiful girl on earth. She probably is just doing this cause she feels bad for me but I'm just happy she said it.

Tris p.o.v.

"Yes I'll stay for u Tris." I hear Michael say and i could tell he was smiling. I smiled into his chest and then broke the hug. "We should probably eat breakfast." He says as he jokingly but adorably rubs his tummy. I can't believe he stayed for me. He probably just stayed cause he knew I am a 'troubled child'.