Chapter 14

Dumbstruck, I stood there with my hair pulled back, painfully, by some man as the blondie spoke to Ian addressing him as his friend. No way was that how a long lost friend treated his pal. But clearly they knew each other. And clearly they didn't had a good falling out.

If Ian was in pain he definitely hid it well. That punch was one hell of a hit but his face didn't show any kind of emotion. He said, in a cool and steady voice, "I wasn't planning to see you for a very long time."

"Ah! I see. You did well for two years. I'll give you that. But look we found you, at last. Didn't we?"

"Who are the 'we' here?"

"Wouldn't you like to find out?"

"Hmm..." Ian mused as if he was standing in front an ice cream truck and contemplating whether to go for mint chocolate or black current splash. "Nah. I'll pass." Though the blondie looked cool but there was a thick vein on his neck ticking like a time-bomb.

"Unfortunately, Welshy, you don't have a choice. When I'll take you to Ramone, think how pleased he will be."

Ian chuckled darkly. "You were always his obedient lapdog. Trying to please him. I thought maybe by now you must have get ridden off your habit of licking Ramone's ass. But I wa..."

His sentence was cut short with a groan as blondie's fist connected with Ian's side. The blondie was about to punch Ian again but he was interrupted by a scream. Everyone's head turned towards my direction making me realise that the scream came out from none other but me.

While Ian was looking at me with pure unadulterated horror the blondie had a surprised look on his face. As if he just realised that I was also there with them. His surprise didn't last long as amusement spread over his features. Which, if my better senses were to be trusted, wasn't a good sign.

"Look, what we got her."

"Leave her out of this, Brandon! She has nothing to do with our problem."

"Ah! But you see. With what I heard so far it looks like she has more than nothing involvement in our problem." He released his hold on Ian and started to advance towards myself.

"Brandon! Stay away from her!" My eyes darted between Ian and the blondie who wasn't far away from me now. I clawed at the hands holding my hair to get away from him. It only made the pain increase.

"Release her, John." As soon as my hair got out of the hold I tried running. But the blondie was already in front of me. I took at a step back hastily to avoid him but collided with the man who had pulled my hair.

I was encaged between two huge men. Trying to avoid any contact I stood still in between them. Keeping as much space from them as possible. The blondie raised his hand towards my face and I flinched away before he could touch me.

My voice came out like a snarl. "Don't touch me!" Which seemed to have amuse him further.

"I didn't knew you went for short..." His eyes raked my body in way that made me want to cover myself with ten blankets or an astronaut suit. "...skinny brunettes, Ian. I thought you were a sucker for blondes with huge tits."

Before I could register what I did words flew out of my mouth. "Maybe you ruined it for him." Horror flooded me as the realisation dawned at what I said. This was so not a time for witty comments. Definitely a no no to comment on the one who look liked he could knock me down while picking his tooth.

His eyes narrowed down at me. Why do everyone have to be taller than me? "What did you say?" All of the previous amusement was gone now.

"He he. I just...you know... your hair is blonde. So... He he." God! I need to shut my mouth. He definitely didn't asked for an answer. But me being me had to say something. If I get out of this alive with limbs intact at their rightful places I'm so going to slap myself hard.