Chapter 11

Arms to the ground

Far from the rivers

Grace in our tears

High on a fever

Somebody heal me from my pain

I'm reaching closer

My stars dive lower

Filling up lost memories

-- Holes in the sky

******

I was never an athletic type. When I was in high school my physical education teacher tried a lot to make me participate in any form of sport. But me being me I escaped from every single of such occasion. I was never short of excuses. Hell, people used to pay me for coming up with excuses when their neck used to get stuck somewhere. But now I was truly regretting it.

Even if I try running I was already so exhausted that I'd fall after two meters. So the only thing I could do was to scream. But before I could make any kind of noise a cold stick was pressed against my abdomen. Which I was sure was not a Popsicle by any chance. To confirm my doubt I peeked a look and saw a gun which the man was pressing against my shirt.

"No screaming. Not a single word until asked to speak. Don't even think of doing anything stupid. It may be the last stupid thing you'd ever do." Taking a look at his face I was sure he was an honest to word man. Even if I knocked the gun out of his hand, which I may assure you is too far-fetched a thought for me, I won't be able to escape. He was a well-built man. Tall and muscled. Compared to him I was a tiny squirrel. There was no way I could fight him.

He walked behind me while still keeping the gun hidden in plain sight. Yeah, there were people around us, not much since it was getting dark, but none of them noticed what was happening here. His gun was now pressed to my side. Through the T-shirt I was wearing I could feel the coldness of the metal.

He pressed the gun against my side causing a sudden jab. "You see the black car there?"

"N...no. W...where?" Yeah. I was stammering. What did you expect? For god sake, I was held at gunpoint. And most probably, I was going to be kidnapped.

"Across the street. Left."

Yeah. There it was. Not a red pickup truck. But a black sedan car. How many of them were there after us?

He poked me again hard with the gun. He seriously need to stop doing that. "Now walk. And no silly act. I won't mind putting a bullet in you even if there are spectators here." I swallowed a dry lump and nodded.

As we crossed the street I looked left and right not because it was a safety rule for crossing roads but in hope that a car might come or may just run over the man for my sake which may give me a window to run. But thanks to my luck the street was empty of any cars. Few meters of walk and we were in front of the car.

Uh oh! He wasn't alone. There was another man behind the wheel. My scale of fear hit a new level. Even if there was a slight possibility of me fighting a single hulk like man and escaping, now there were none. Every hope of being safe evaporated in the air.

The man behind me grabbed my arm and walked around the car. Opening the passenger door, he pushed me inside with a bit more of force making me land on my face on the seat. I didn't even get the time to straighten up when he pushed himself inside the car making me fall on the floor and hitting my head against the other door.