Chapter 13

With my hand tightly engulfed in Ian's, we rushed out of the room leaving the scary nurse scolding the disinfectant smelling air of the room. I left the manoeuvring part to Ian. My head was still dizzy and knees were kind of wobbly so I stayed behind him. Letting him pull me.

As we cut the corner I glanced over my shoulder and got a tiny glimpse of black clothes. Which sent a wave of panic through me. Which in turn boosted my speed. I kept my eyes on Ian's back as we made our way through handful of people and staff in the hallway. I wasn't far from hyperventilating. By the rate at which my heart has been beating lately I won't deny I was in for a heart attack any time. And if I die, so help me god, I will haunt the sweet butt of Ian to eternity.

Sweet butt?! Where did that come from?!

As if on account of my inner voice my eyes involuntarily dipped down from Ian's back to his butt. Still being towed by him, I tilted my head at an angle and regarded his butt. Hmm. Not bad for a geek. Oh! Who am I kidding? His butt is as fine as my mother's china set which has the sole purpose of being a show piece in the dining hall rather than being put to use.

My ill-timed adoration of Ian's butt must have slowed us down. I felt a harsh tug from him which almost made me slip on the meticulously cleaned tiles of the hallway. Almost. I was actually thankful for the sudden jerk which pulled me out of the weird, out of blues, butt fascination. Now that I was back to my half hyperventilating self I slapped myself mentally for ever thinking about Ian, my tormentor, in a way other than loathing and hating. But the loath and hate have simmered down in these past two days. They have turned into something bordering along acceptance seeing that we do have our few moments of civil conversation. But adoring Ian's butt was way out of the line.

I blame it on the meds that Doc gave me. Yeah. Definitely the meds were doing something funny to my brain. No way was it possible that I would have thought Ian's butt was fine.

All of a sudden Ian stopped making me collide to his back. Oh my sweet little nosy!

"Omphh!" I cupped my throbbing nose which got pancaked against Ian's back. "A little warning would have been helpful," I hissed at him. But he didn't hear a word I said. As if each of my words bounced off an invisible layer shielding his ears. I side stepped around him to look what made him stupefied.

No MIB men. Just people in normal clothes. So why did he halted? I turned my head to ask him so. But before I could do so he grabbed the back of my T-shirt and pulled me sideways. I gave out a small yelp which grabbed some of the people's attention in the hallway ahead. Their head turned towards us.

That's when I understood why Ian stopped midway. Three of the men in the hallway looked odd. I don't how to explain why I felt so but I did. There was something in the way they turned and gazed at our direction. It felt almost predatory.

The others! Of course.

I offered no restrain as Ian pulled me down another hallway. I didn't had to look back to know that those men were hot on our tails. But Ian was moving fast. We slipped from one hallway to other. My head was no less than a mess of dizziness by now. But the fear kept me from falling. And also the warm hand enclosing mine.

Ian slowed down in one less crowded hallway. In front of a door. He tried the doorknob which clicked as he turned it and pushed the door open. I followed him in. As soon as I entered the dark room Ian closed the door and the room fell in pitch black darkness.

As I stepped backwards my back hit something but fortunately nothing fell. It took few seconds for my eyes to adjust with the darkness. The room clearly was a storage room with boxes stacked one upon the other at one corner and rest of the area was occupied by steel racks. Ian was still near the door fumbling with the doorknob. Probably locking it and making sure that it cannot be opened from outside.