[thirty]

Hurricane Chapter 30

"I never really understood why the Christmas ornaments stay up all year," I said, snapping a picture of the big red ornaments sitting in water.

"Well it is cold," Harry said, coming up behind me and rubbing my sweater-covered arms up and down. "Christmas is in a month."

I groaned. "Don't remind me. I love the holiday but I hate the cold that comes with it."

I turned and Harry wrapped his arms around my waist. I laid my head in the nook of his neck.

"We could go to California; visit your family."

I giggled. "You're really asking to meet my parents?"

He laughed slightly, causing me to feel the vibrations coming from his chest. "It couldn't hurt."

I didn't want to mention my dad was an officer and he only really liked Shane.

I sighed. "You know, we're standing in the middle of human traffic, in the busiest city in America, and I can still feel and hear your heartbeat."

I rose from his shoulder and he real eases my waist, putting his hand on my chest.

"I can feel yours too."

I rolled my eyes. "All you're feeling are my boobs."

He just smiled and kissed me.

I woke up instantaneously, my head coming off of my pillow and my breath rapid.

It's been two months and that curly-headed son of a gun is still in my head.

I haven't seen him since the elevator in the hotel, and that was in August. It was now October: the palm trees are swaying, people are starting to wear darker swimsuits, teenagers aren't half naked on the streets now that they have school.

Let's catch up, shall we? Selena and I went to see various movies, including Insidious Chapter 2, the premiere of This Is Us (Only because she wanted to support the boys), etc. etc. Taylor completely insulted Harry at the VMAs (which I sort of thought was mean and she and I argued about it for some time). I'm starting my second semester of school in January, and Jonas owes me $27. Life is good.

"Hey, Bridge, just warning you, there are people out on the beach!" Nick yelled from the hallway. I groaned.

"Leave me alone," I replied, covering my head with a pillow. I heard my door creak open and I felt a jumping on my bed.

"Come on, Bridge. Right now you're my only friend and I have girl problems."

I peeked at him. "You have what?"

"If I have to listen to you moan about Styles all day, then you should listen to my problems with-"

"Swift," I finished, much to his surprise.

"How'd ya know?"

"Everybody seems to be into her. They call her a horrible girlfriend, but they go out with her anyways. And as a breakup gift, get their own special song."

"Goodness Bridge, isn't she your friend? And stop turning this about Harry."

I narrowed my eyes. "I'm not. Anyways, what's the problem?"

He sighed and I sat up, getting into a newfound character, Dr. Mendler, Ph.D.

"I like her."

"Well, duh."

"But she's Selena's friend."

I tsked. "That's what makes you a douche AND a dumbass."

"What should I do?" He moaned.