[twenty]

.

.

.

.

.

.

[twenty]

[bridgit]

About an hour after Gem, Lola, and I snuck upstairs, they left. Gemma said that she and Harry were staying in a guest room and so was Lola.

I locked my door before I went to sleep though, so that any surprise visitors decided to come in.

My phone rang it's alarm at 8:15 a.m., early enough for me to get dressed and ready to shoot some Good Luck Charlie scenes, do some photo shoots, and record in the studio. The producers sent me another copy of the script and I stayed up reviewing my lines.

So, after I turned off the alarm, I got up, brushed my teeth, took a shower, and changed into some galaxy tights and a black tank top with blue Vans.

I put my hair in a simple ponytail, knowing that it was hot outside,and when I was finished dressing, I suddenly remembered something:

I'm about to go act...the dress and makeup crew choose my outfit and do my hair. Wonderful. But, at least I have this for afterwards.

I heard movement about the house and I was a bit confused, knowing that Harry and my family weren't morning people. Then, I groaned and mentally face-palmed myself.

'Spencer!' I mentally screamed. 'Spencer is Shane and Shane plays my ex boyfriend!'

Honestly, it's not too far from the truth, but still. I'm freaking out.

I quietly opened the door and creeped down the steps, phone and keys in hand. Yesterday, before I went surfing with Nick, I bought a rental car for the weekend so I wouldn't have to depend on anybody for a ride.

"Hey Bridgit."

I jumped and nearly fell down the remainder of stairs. I looked behind me and saw Shane smiling and waving. I rolled my eyes and proceeded towards the door.

"I didn't mean to, you know," he called after me, stopping me in my tracks. I spun around, my curiosity taking over.

"Didn't mean to do what? Give a girl coke and marijuana?"

"Yeah. Hanna was a baby that used to live in my neighborhood when I was younger. Just earlier this year, her birthday came, and her uncle told me to give her this purple teddy bear he got her. How was I supposed to know she was a druggie and that her uncle was a dealer?"

"So what? He gave you multiple teddy bears? Because I know for a fact that it wasn't just once."

"No, he threatened to kill me if I didn't work for him."

My eyes widened and I blinked twice. "Why didn't you tell me this before?"

Shane shrugged. "Like it would matter. He was locked up for forty years recently for running an illegal meth lab and anyways, it's not that you would like me anymore. You and that Harry guy seem like you've got it all figured out."

I heard a hint of sarcasm in his voice. So, I got very, very angry.

"No!" I hissed, moving violently closer to him. "You do NOT get to do that to me!"

He raised his hands in defense. "Do what?"

"You don't get to decide what you can and can't tell me! Shane, we were in a relationship! I thought you were a freaking criminal! I thought that you were a heartless scumbag! But to now hear that it was blackmail? That's absolute bullshit!"