[eighteen]

.

.

.

.

.

.

[eighteen]

[bridgit]

"Ahh, home sweet home!"

I grinned when I stepped out of the airport, the warm breeze hitting me. Back inside, I had changed into a sundress I had packed since California is still warm this time of year.

Our flight here was remotely peaceful. I mean, it would've been better if Shane wasn't two seats behind us.

"So, Bridge, your Mom said that we should stop off at the house first then we can go do whatever while she goes out shopping for dinner tomorrow." Lola and I piled into her white Mercedes and we pulled out of the parking lot.

At first, the drive was pretty boring and uneventful. But, Lola doesn't do boring.

She plugged up her Samsung Galaxy to the car's speakers and our favorite song began playing.

"Yes!" I exclaimed, excited because I LOVED to blare this down the streets of LA.

We began to sing together. "I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone! I crashed my car into the bridge, I watched it, let it burn! I threw your shit into a bag and pushed it down the stairs! I crashed my car into the bridge! I don't care! I love it! I don't care! I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone! I crashed my car into the bridge, I watched it, let it burn! I threw your shit into a bag and pushed it down the stairs! I crashed my car into the bridge! I don't care! I love it! I don't care!"

Then, my favorite part. "You're on a different road, I'm on the Milky Way. You want me down on Earth, but I am up in space. You're so damn hard to please, we gotta kill this switch. You're from the 70s, but I'm a 90s bitch!"

Lola laughed. "Great way to reintroduce you to the greatest city in America? Summer break all year long, baby!"

I grinned. "You know it!"

"So," Lola started. "What's up with Harry?"

I furrowed my brows. "What do you mean?"

"Did you call him?"

"Um...no. Cheshire is much farther than LA."

"Well, if you don't call him soon, he'll be in the plane bathroom with some blonde flight attendant."

"Why blonde?"

"Because they're hoes," she said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

I have her my straightest face ever. "I'M blonde. Hell, YOU'RE blonde!"

She just shrugged and turn the corner and into my family's driveway.

I got my bags from the car and rang the doorbell.

A couple of seconds later, my mom opened the door with a huge grin on her face.

"Bridge!" She exclaimed excitedly, giving me a hug. "I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too," I replied and she moved to the side so I could come in.

I placed my luggage at the foot of the stairs as I examined the house. It was exactly the same as it was a couple of months ago. The same ugly paintings that Dad insists on buying, the same chipped cup on the coffee table.