[twenty-seven]

.

.

.

.

.

.

[twenty-seven]

[bridgit]

I walked back out into the open and tried to sneak back in the theater, but Lola and Shane caught me.

"Hey, Bridge, what are you doing out here?" Shane asked, juggling popcorn, drinks, and snacks in his hands.

"Umm...I had to go to the...loo...and I'm calling it loo because I was in London and Londish or British or English or whatever you want to call them call bathroom the loo..." I laughed nervously and they gave me weird looks.

"Okay..." Lola said slowly.

We watched Man of Steel, which I now say is a pretty good movie. Lola kept on commenting on how hot Clark was and Shane just kept on whining about how she's turning it into a chicflic.

Once we all got home, I decided to tell Shane and Lola that I was going to go pay my tuition at a bank in San Francisco. I wouldn't be back until morning.

They nodded and I left, got in my car, and drove away. When I was at a far enough distance, I ran the four miles back to the beach and saw Harry standing next to a tree.

"Nice touch," he said. "Driving your car away."

"It wouldn't be smart not to, you bloody idiot," I replied. "Now, why am I here?"

He grinned cheekily at me. "We're going to break into your own house."

---

"Keep your hands away from my bum," I told him sternly as I felt it brush along my backside.

"Just trying to hoist you up."

We were in an awkward position now. Because I decided to go along with Harry's crazy plan, he was now pushing me through the second story window and into the bathroom.

After a couple of moments, I fell through, almost hit my head on the toilet and stumbled rather quietly to the door and locked it.

"Climb up the tree and I'll pull you in," I told him. He did so, with surprising ease. He grabbed my hand and finally, we were both in.

"What do we do now?" I whispered, arms crossed.

He didn't answer, but instead tip-toed to the door and pressed his ear against it.

He opened it slightly and looked both ways.

"Come." Harry took my hand and pulled me into the hallway. We walked slowly to the first room on the left...Lola's room...and we heard voices inside.

"That was strange," Lola said. "Do you think she knows?"

"Yeah, because if she knew, she'd be leaving the city," Shane replied sarcastically.

"Look, this is serious. We're in too deep to screw this up now. We've got one more shot to bring Harry and Bridgit back together. They do say the third time's the charm. And good measure choosing Man of Steel. That definitely stirred up some feelings."

I pulled Harry into my room. "What the hell is going on, Styles?" I hissed. "Did you plan this? I told you I'm not backsliding once again."

He chuckled. "I'm glad you think so highly of me, Bridge, but this was all your Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde friend..."