Chapter 75 - Prepared

Start from the beginning

"Finished." He announced, and returned to being thoroughly confused.

"Awesome, here's the box, it has her favorite movies, and some other little things. I'll be out here, I have crap to get done."

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Come on, I'll show you." William took my hand, and started to lead me toward my room. I followed him in, and he had built a fort out of my blankets, and my collection of 10 pillows (not counting the decorative ones, I just really enjoy pillows.)

"What is this?" I asked, as he pulled me to sit next to him in the blanket fort.

"This," he said gesturing, "is a fort." He smiled at me.

"Yes, I can see that, but why?" I asked.

"Well, we knew that this day was coming, so, Lin made a little box, it has your favorite movies, and candy, and other little things in it that you would like, and we planned this all out, now," he said, covering me with a blanket and handing me Sprinkles The Bear, "we're going to watch the first movie that I pull out of this box."

"You did all this to try and cheer me up?" I asked.

"Yep." William was at the TV, putting in a disk, I couldn't see it.

"Well, thank you." I said, as he came back over to our little fort, getting under one of the blankets, and pulling me closer to him.

"You're welcome, now shut up." He whispered, and I giggled.

"Sorry." I giggled out.

"You should be, I'm sitting here, and we're about to watch Mulan. I did not know my girlfriend was into such cliche Disney movies."

"I'm sorry, it's cute, and it's classic, so you can't insult it."

"Oh, I can insult it all I want."

"How?" I asked, how can you insult Mulan?"

"Well, for starters, the singing chubby soldiers."

"And how do you plan on insulting them?"

"I don't know yet, I'll find a way."

"Oh my gosh." I giggled out again. He did find a way to insult Mulan, although, I think he liked it, partially because he sang along to A Girl Worth Fighting For, I mean, I did too, but, it's a funny song. The movie ended about 2 hours later, and he got up to switch the DVD, as he did this, he chucked a bag of gum drops at me, which I caught.

"I think Lin will be joining us for this one when he hears the opening number." William said, returning to his spot next to me.

"Oh is it Rent?" I asked, I loved Rent.

"Yes, and I'm surprised my cinnamon roll-esk girlfriend would enjoy such a film." He added.

"Well I do. I'm a theatre kid, it's a pre-requisite." I stopped talking when I heard Seasons of Love start playing via the TV.

"ARE YOU WATCHING RENT?" I heard Lin from his office. "I'M COMING!" He came in the room, and shoved me closer to William making room for him in our blanket fort, "I love this movie."

"So I suspected." William said.

"So I knew." I added, "theatre kid pre-requisite." I said, and high fived Lin.

"I dream casted this with my high school so many times, it came out on Broadway when I was a sophomore."

"Yeah 20 years ago." I noted, laughing a bit. Only to be stopped by his hand over my mouth.

"Shhhh." He said, "we don't have to do the math."

William wasn't exactly a theatre kid, he was a choir kid, so, no, he did not join in when Lin and I started singing along to Take Me Or Leave Me, and he certainly didn't join in on La Vie Boheme. Although, I could tell that he liked it.

"I should go," Lin said, as we were nearing the end, "call was 30 minutes ago." He got up, but pulled William out with him. They had a conversation in the hallway, and yeah, I heard every word. It wasn't eavesdropping, I just, over heard them.

"Make sure she eats the candy I packed." Lin started, and I looked next to me, and the un-opened bag of gum-drops, "I'm serious, she's skipped dinner 2 nights in a row."

"Wait what?" William asked. Crap.

"Yeah, also, you're planning on spending the night, right boyfriend?" He asked, I was unaware of that.

"Yeah."

"Just letting you know, I'm okay with that for tonight, but I just want to remind you that our rooms are side by side."

"Nothing's going to happen." William re-assured.

"Nothing better. I'm serious, I like you but I'm still her dad, and she's still just a 15 year old girl. She's a girl. Don't hurt her." I didn't know Lin was the protective dad type, at least not with William.

"Ok, ok, I won't do anything, I promise."

"Fantastic, I need to go, bye, say bye to her for me." 10 seconds later, William came back in and I had to pretend like I didn't listen in on their whole conversation.

"Abigail," William walked in, "do you want popcorn?" He asked.

"No, not really." I replied.

"Do you want anything?" He asked.

"No, I'm not hungry."

"Yes you are." William said, handing me the bag of gum drops by my side.

"No, I'm okay."

"You're not okay, just eat the dang candy." He said, taking one of the gumdrops and putting it in my mouth. "Now chew." I did as I was told, "good, come on," he pleaded, "you've skipped dinner 2 nights in a row?" He asked.

"Yeah." I whispered.

"That's not good, and you didn't eat lunch today. Come on, you have to eat, please eat. I love you, just, you need to eat." He was kneeling in front of me.

"Ok." I took that bag of candy from his hand, and ate 2. That was the first thing I ate for 3 days.

"Alright, now, next movie." William said getting up to change the movie from Rent to Princess Bride. We watched 3 more movies before it was about midnight. I snuggled back into the blanket fort, and I felt Williams arms wrap around me pulling me tightly into him. "I love you Roonie."

"I love you too."

Thanks for reading

- Abi