"Can't wait til everyone else find out about this!" Ash smiled.

They left.

"Friends?" Jeff looked at me.

I nodded. He shrugged.

I took a deep breathe, "So, how is your kid?"

He looked at me, "I don't have a kid."

"But, Mallory said-"

"Look, I don't know what she said to you, but I don't have a kid." He interrupted me.

"Okay." I couldn't say anything else, I didn't have any proof. Man, I really hope Jeff doesn't hate me..working with a co-worker who hates me. Does not sound fun. I already have a parent who does. But I really want to know if he has a kid and why he doesn't bring it up. No, I shouldn't care.

Jeff's phone kept on going off.

I looked at him, "Who's texting you?"

"No one." He replied, it was a pretty fast respond.

We're packed and Jeff's phone is really annoying, kind of hard to concentrate. He finally checked his phone. I glanced over, he looked worried.

"I have to go. Do you mind closing up?" He asked.

I looked at him, then looked at all the people waiting in line, I know this will come out sarcastic, "No, no, go right ahead, do whatever you need to do. It's not like it's packed in here and I'll be screwed by myself."

"Thanks man, I owe you huge." He replied, too worried to notice my sarcasm.

It must be pretty bad. After 13 hours of non-stop working, it was finally time to close up. I have seriously worked, 8 am to 9 pm. So this is what Hell is? Not as bad, my mom is nowhere insight. I left and saw Sadie walking on the boardwalk with what seemed to be... Friends. I decided to catch up with her. When I caught up to them, there were two preppy girls and one guy. They just looked at me. The first girl was kind of short with medium length blonde hair, blue eyes that are really covered by her glasses. She was wearing a green off the shoulder crop top shirt with light pink shorts, white flats and a gold "love" necklace. The other girl was taller with long wavy brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a bright yellow crop top with black high waist shorts, white converse, a few gold rings and a silver dream catcher necklace. The guy had short brown hair and dark brown eyes. He was wearing dark blue jeans with a red t-shirt, grey shoes and a feather necklace. They all looked pretty pretentious.

"Hey, Sadie, um...what'cha doing?" I asked.

"Obviously not talking to you, reject." This definitely isn't her. I mean she's rude but not this rude.

The guy looked at her, "Is he one of your friends?"

She looked at me and rolled her eyes, but there was something different, like she didn't want to be apart of this. "No way, Ripely, who would ever be friends with him?" She tried to hide how nervous she was.

"Good, what's his name, loser?" Ripley asked.

"Lanny,." I said calmly, "By the way what kind of name is Ripley? Like do your parents hate you?"

"It's actually pretty common around the rich community. What about Lanny? Do your parents hate you?"

I nodded, "Not my dad, but my mom really hates me." I said with a big perky smile on my face.

"Look, Ripley, lets go, I don't want his loserness to rub off on us." Sadie did not want to be in this situation.

"So rude. Let me propertly introduce myself, I'm Lanny." I put my hand out for it to be shook.

Ripley seemed skeptical but accepted it, "The blonde is Samantha and the other one is Brooklyn."

"Cool, so what are you doing?" I asked.

Sadie really didn't seem happy, so I decided to snoop about.

He looked at me confused, "Hanging out with Sadie." He moved his hand to her side.

Boyfriend? No..couldn't be.

"By the way, Lanny, why don't you and some of your friends come to a party I'm having this Saturday. It's semi-formal."

"Semi-formal? Am I in middle school?" I snarkily replied.

He just smiled, it's weird but he had a little twinkle in his eye. Do rich kids pay for that? Ripley gave me his address and they walked off. I decided to see if I could find everyone else. I honestly don't trust that Ripley guy. He seems... Charming. Charming is never a good word to explain a person. You just don't use it. I eventually found the group in our normal hang out spot. I can't believe I've never seen Sadie with those people before. Then again, they're probably always hanging out in the rich neighborhood.

"So, we just got invited to a rich kid's party. It's semi-formal." I said.

"Seriously? By who?" Kit seemed to be really excited.

"This kid that Sadie was hanging out with, Ripley." I replied.

"That kid went to the same private elementry school as me." She replied.

I ignored the private school, I was too nervous about Sadie.

"We should go." Wyatt shrugged.

"No. We should crash it." Ash added.

"Ash, shut up. It seems like fun." CC replied.

He shrugged, "Fiine!! By the way, Lanny, how'd you get invited?"

"I caught up with Sadie, who seemed to hate being near them."

"Why didn't she just leave then?" Wyatt questioned.

"Because she's a rich preppy girl, it's her herd. If she doesn't hang out with them, she won't be accepted in the rich community."

CC laid back on the table, "Why can't we all just live in a world of peace?"