Chapter 20: Lying Sluts

(Erica's POV)

I stood there looking at my mother’s pale body.

Sarah and I stayed by my mother’s body for four hours waiting for the spell to work, and tears filled our eyes. I ran towards my mom's lifeless body, and started shaking her.

"WAKE UP MOM! WAKE UP! YOU CAN'T JUST DIE ON ME! I NEED YOU, I ALREADY LOST DAD I CAN'T LOSE YOU TOO!" I screamed as tears filled my eyes.

Sarah ran towards me, and put both arms around my shoulders.

"She's gone Aer, stop. The spell should have worked three hours ago, just let her go" She said while sobbing into my shoulder.

That was the last thing I remembered until my world turned black.

I woke in my bed hoping it was a dream, but then found Sarah in my bed with her hands around my shoulders, still holding me.

"Sarah wake up!" I said with no emotion in my voice.

"Five more minutes mom!" She moaned.

My thoughts travelled to my mom who was probably laying lifeless in one of the guest bedrooms.

"It's been a rough night okay Sarah! Get UP!" I yelled.

She finally got out of my bed realizing what had happened last night.

"I'm sorry Erica. I had to stay up late making arrangements for the funeral later today. Usually these things take time, but I want the ceremony to be today so I had to call all her close friends" She said sadly.

"Why today?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It's dad's birthday, she would have wanted it this way" was all she said before leaving the room.

Sarah always put up this tough girl act, but I know she's in her room balling her eyes out right now.

I guess it would be just Sarah and I from now on. No more early wake up calls in the morning, no more boy advice, and no more of her cheerfulness that always brightened my day. A tear slid down my cheek, and I started crying into my pillow.

After about seven hours of crying, I finally got off my bed. If my mom was here she'd probably chase me out bed with a bucket of cold water.

I dragged my sorry ass into the shower, and just sat in my bathtub while the water fell on my head. I've always needed to take long showers when I was upset or mad. I dry my hair, and put it in a messy bun.

I put one black sweats, a black V-neck t-shirt, black vans, and a black bandana around my my head. This is how I was going to the funeral; my mom wouldn't have wanted me too. I put on some make up and go downstairs to find my sister cooking.

"You hungry sis?" She asked with a weak smile on her face.

Just by glancing over her, you could tell she did the same thing as me. She cried her eyes out, took a shower, and then came downstairs.

"What's on the menu?" A small smile is plastered on my face.

"Eggs with fried ham" Her smile grew wider as she placed the plate with the food on it beside me.

"Thanks. But, I wanna get a tattoo today. For mom, and dad. I've been meaning to get one for dad a while now, but never really got the chance" I said as I played with my food.

"We can both get matching ones then" She looked down.

"After we eat?" I asked.

"Sounds good" She nodded.