Chapter 17: The Truth? Or More Lies?

(Erica's POV)

I stood there waiting for the words to come out of his mouth, with tears forming in my eyes.

"Look, this goes back way before you. Angela and I used to be close friends when we were younger; believe it or not, she was really shy, and nice. But she had to move away, and let's just say she left with a motive. She always liked me, you know, more than a friend, and now she's back" Kai grabbed my hands.

"So? What makes her so important? Why would you choose her over me?" Tears rolled down my eyes.

"Baby, don't cry." He said as he wiped my tears away.

"Funny thing is, you've been making me cry ever since I got here" I pushed him away from me.

"Erica listen to me" He yelled.

"I'm listening Kai" I said looking away.

"She's dangerous, she might not be a red wolf, but she has plenty that she can control, and she knows vampires"

"She's threatening you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No, well yes" He managed to spit out.

Despite the situation I giggled, he was so cute sometimes it was just hard to resist.

"Wanna try that again?"

He smiled. "She was threatening to kill you, I can't let that happen" He said with anger in his eyes.

I could tell he was telling the truth, but it was somehow off. He wasn't telling me something. But, a feel of relief washed over me, he wasn't trying to hurt me like before. Erica still got it, oh yeah! Okay so this was not the time to be getting all happy.

"What aren't you telling me?"

"I don't know how to put this nicely, but there’s something wrong with her mentally. She has this idea that were destined to be together, and she won't stop Erica, she's willing to kill EVERYONE! I can't lose anyone, not because of me, and especially not you. You mean everything to me, you think I don't feel the things you feel when I'm hurting you? We marked each other Erica, were connected" He said with tears forming in his eyes.

I knew there was something else he wasn't telling me, but I let it go because...

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

I made Kai Spaven... Cry.

I just stood there, looking at him.

"I hate myself for hurting you, you deserve a better mate" Kai said looking down.

I sighed "I really do deserve better Kai, but I will always be thankful that I have you, I love you forever, hold on to that" I put my hands around his waist, and his hands went around me.

"I love you too Erica, but we have to get back to the party or else Angela will suspect something, and I'm sorry if I hurt you anymore, it's not intentional I swear" He said while kissing my forehead.

I just nod before leaving the room.

What was I going to do now? Just stand by and watch him be with another girl? Hell NO.

In about three hours, I talked to four hundred, and twenty people... While being drunk. Yeah not a good idea.

I felt dizzy, and started swaying when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, balancing me.

"I told you not to drink" Kai said softly.

I didn't speak; I just looked up at his beautiful eyes.

"Leave her"

"I already told you, I can't" Kai said looking away.

"I don't care if I have to die, as long as I'm with you" I said with tears in my eyes.