Why I Hate Romeo and Juliet - Chapter Forty-Two

Hello! :)

A chapter! Yay!

So, I'm going to try to write the next few chapters this week because hell is coming up, in these next couple of months, for me. Finals, projects, and monologues - oh my!

That was supposed to be cute, but it wasn't. But I hope this chapter compensates for that! Some awesome stuff happens!

And I realize that this story is getting really long. I might try to condense some of the chapters when I have time to edit it, but otherwise, it'll still stay pretty lengthy. I don't know - characters have to change, and when you have characters as blessedly stubborn as Hazel and Erick, you can't really rush things.

But the better stuff is coming up, if you know what I mean ;) I already have a lot of it planned, and I hope you guys will like it when the time comes! As for now, enjoy! And please comment! Thanks!

-jennaxxx

Chapter Forty-Two

I lied.

I did care.

“Just what the fuck is wrong with you, Erick?”

Between Lucas’ attempts at figuring out the prank and Erick’s chilly shoulder, I was extraordinarily angry. Even Luke, in his efforts, was beginning to bother me – which didn’t even make a smidge of sense, as the guy was at least trying to be productive.

And even through my irritation, though misguided, at Lucas, it was really Erick who took the cake. He deserved a medal, really – a trophy to commemorate his royal, bastardly ways.

“Fuck off.”

“No,” I hissed as he tried to snatch away the plate I was washing. He might’ve been a dumbass – a complete dumbass – but he still slaved in the kitchen for all of us. And considering how Lucas, Spencer, and Nate had left their plates leisurely in the sink, it was the least I could do. Plus, they licked those babies clean for the most part, so it didn’t require much work anyways.

He let out a frustrated grunt and swung back out of the kitchen, leaving me be, and in my time alone, I tried to understand just why I was so mad. Erick was being a dick, but he was always being a dick – it was nothing new.  And yet, I was pissed beyond belief.

“So are you going to answer me?” I asked when I was done with the dishes, wiping my hands on a towel and making my way in the direction he’d left.

Erick was sitting back on his couch, and he chose to answer me indirectly. “So should I drive you home now?”

“Not until you answer me,” I glared at him, my blood at its boiling point.

He glanced at me, and now the angry stare seemed to be weaker. A few minutes passed before he spoke, watching for me to back down in the epic face-off, but I sure as hell wasn’t going to do anything of the sort. “You really want to know why I’m so pissed, Hazel?” he asked, and I didn’t understand why he’d made it his personal goal to annoy me.

Yes, Erick,” I drawled dryly. “I want to know why you’re so damn angry.”

The sardonic sound of my voice only seemed to make him angrier, as his jaw clenched, and I swear, Erick’s eyes could’ve burnt through walls. “I just know you’re going to do something stupid, up on that roof,” he grimaced, probably imagining all the ways I could set myself on fire or something.