Why I Hate Romeo and Juliet - Chapter Twenty-Two

Hello!

So this was originally going to be split into two chapters, except I might not be uploading much this next week. (VACATION! YESYESYESYESYES!) Thusly, I decided to give you an extra long chapter, in case I can't upload next week. Sorry in advance!

And you didn't see that coming, did you? Hehe! He kissed her! On the cheek, but it still counts in my book. What do you think's up next for Hazel?

If you haven't already, please check out my newest story, 'Welcome to Eureka!' I'll try to upload it soon as well!

Let me know how you like it! I sincerely love all of you who comment!

-jennaxxx

ps. I've been thinking about picking a cast for this story. What do you think? If you have any ideas, please let me know!

Chapter Twenty-Two

After, what was probably the most dreadful gym class I’d ever had the displeasure to experience, Lucas and I were both panting. Slumping into my seat, I groaned loudly “Water! I need water!”

“What’s Dennis’ problem?” Lucas mumbled, tossing me his water bottle. Taking a hefty drink, not even trying to ‘waterfall’ it, I groaned again.

“What’s wrong with you two?” Erick asked, walking into study hall.

Was he talking to me now?

Well, the question wasn’t directed totally toward me.

I bet he was still mad.

Yeah, well screw you, Erick.

“Coach Dennis worked us dry today,” Lucas grimaced. “I’m actually in shape now, and I’m tired. God, Hazel, I don’t know how you’re even able to breathe.”

“What are you saying?!”

“I bet he’s not getting laid,” Lucas grinned. “And he’s just taking the aggression out on us.”

“Maybe,” Erick nodded thoughtfully.

“You guys are,” I sputtered, trying to find the right word. “Barbaric!”

“Do your legs hurt?” Luke looked at me, completely ignoring my insult.

I shrugged. “Not yet.”

“They will,” he smirked.

“Shut up,” I scowled and looked away from him. “Do you have any work to do?”

“Nope,” Luke popped the word. “Want to mess with someone?”

“You read my mind,” I grinned. “Who shall our victim be?”

Luke pointed to a kid who had his head down – probably sleeping. “Dustin,” he nodded.

Dustin Trent was a heavy sleeper, and an easy target. Where we were trying to stay out of trouble, as much as we could, Dustin was someone we could mess around with, and not get in trouble. Especially since our study hall teacher seemed to never be in class, I do believe it was a match made in heaven.

Lucas pulled out a sharpie.

Ah – the age old sharpie-on-a-sleeping-man trick. “

You have got to be kidding me,” Erick mumbled under his breath.

I snatched it away from him and tiptoed around Dustin. Not much skin was exposed around his face, since he had his head down, so I thought it’d be good to just push his shirt up a little and write on his back.