Why I Hate Romeo and Juliet - Chapter Twenty-Seven

Hello everyone! How's it going? :)

I haven't got much to say, really. I hope you like this chapter, and if you do, feel free to let me know! I love hearing back from fans.

I've gotten a few suggestions as to who should play who, and so far, my favorite has been Gaspard Ulliel for Erick. Oh gosh, he's hot;) And Emily Browning for Hazel. I'm not quite sure about her though...

So still, I haven't finalized anything! So keep the suggestions coming, please. I'll include a picture of Gaspard/Erick in the side. Let me know what you think of him!

Thank you!

-jennaxxx

Chapter Twenty-Seven

“Damn, you smell.”

“Shut up, Luke,” I grumbled.

“Is that cologne?” He snorted. “Are you wearing cologne, Hazel?”

“No,” I hissed at the way he said it – with pure incredulousness. “I’m not. It’s called perfume. Why would I wear cologne? Cologne is for boys. I am not a boy.”

Truth was: I was wearing cologne. (Or after shave. Same thing, right?) Not willingly – gosh no. After Erick had finished his shower and gotten dressed (and I was half done with the cake…) he told me something like, ‘You really do smell awful to. Here!’

The man nearly dumped half of his aftershave on me, and now I smelled. It’s not that the cologne smelled bad. It would’ve smelled great – ON A GUY. Not on me. Hell, I was supposed to be getting more feminine. Not masculine. F-E-M-I-N-I-N-E!

“Beats me,” Lucas shrugged. “It just smelled a little bit like -,”

“Well it’s not. It’s perfume. Get your nose checked,” I said all too hastily.

Come on, Hazel. Get your nose checked? Who says that?

Erick, all while, was chuckling knowingly.

Bastard.

I grit my teeth. “Right, well – good game Luke. I want to go home.” And take a long, long shower. Maybe a bath.

“You guys have to come to the after-party though!” Luke drawled, halfway to a whine. “Come on.”

And out of nowhere Jane popped up. “What is that smell?”

“Holy mother of shit,” I mumbled to myself.

What was with all of my friends’ sharp noses?!

Okay, so it didn’t take a sharp nose to smell me. Shit, you could smell me from a few miles away, I’d bet. I had to watch the game from the doors because Spencer and some-geek-from-his-study-group name Trevor kept complaining. It didn’t matter much, I barely understood the game. The only thing I understood, and from the crowd’s reaction, no less, was that Erick was kicking major ass on the field.

Field?

Court!

Court. Yeah. That’s right. I think.

She gave me a weird look, but continued on anyways. “Anyways, you’re coming to the after-party, right?”

Not smelling like this, I’m not.

“I don’t know,” I said sheepishly.

“I’d rather just go home too,” Erick added in.

“But you’re the star,” Jane emphasized the word, eyes bugging out of her head like he’d said he believed the world was flat. “You have to go to the after-party!”