Why I Hate Romeo and Juliet - Chapter Fifteen

Hey there!

Woo! I've hit a thousand reads. :)

Thanks everyone! The next chapter is going to be the big Homecoming prank. I've dropped a few hints in this one. Take a guess?

-jennaxxx

Chapter Fifteen

“I’m so excited,” I grinned at Erick. He couldn’t help but give a short smile. It was so short, I thought I had just imagined it for a while. For all I know, I did.

“Calm down, Haze,” Nathan said through a mouthful of sandwich.

For a second, I pondered how boys could do that. Did they not know it was so incredibly irritating? With that, I burst. “SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH!”

To be honest, I explode like that all the time. The guys have mostly gotten used to it, because most of the time, you  can see it coming. But even I didn’t see that coming.

“Damn,” Erick said, chuckling to himself a little.

I shot him a look. “I’m sorry Nate,” I apologized. “But you know I can’t stand seeing people chew their mushy, bile-y food.”

He grinned, and swallowed before he spoke. “It’s alright, Haze. I swear, if it weren’t for you, I’d still be hitting my head against rocks.”

I gave him an appreciative smile before Erick spoke and made it drop.

“Wow. She’s got you all whipped,” he mumbled through a half-smirk.

“Dude,” Lucas stopped him. “I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: you have to be in a relationship to be whipped.”

“And it’s only a matter of time before she gets to you too,” Spencer laughed.

“Hey!” I said, appalled. They were talking about me like I was some disease or something! “Don’t talk to me like I’m not here!”

“Now you’re all in denial,” Erick ignored me and looked between the guys. The boys just shrugged.

“Ever thought you were the one in denial, Ricky?” I smiled smugly at him. “Maybe you’re just as  whipped as they are?”

“I’m telling you, to be whipped you –,” Lucas began, but Erick cut him off.

“Don’t call me that,” he said firmly, looking me cold in the eye.

“Whatever,” I sang. “Ricky!”

And with that, I picked up my tray and walked down to Dmitri’s table before Erick could go anal.

“Hey Hazel!” Trish said excitedly.

“Hi,” I smiled, taking a seat next to her. “Sorry, it’s just,” I paused and looked back at the guys. Nathan and Lucas were tugging on Spencer’s ears, and he was turning red in the face. Erick just sat, shaking his head slightly, probably in disbelief that he got stuck with them. “The boys,” I sighed.

 “Don’t be sorry,” Dmitri smiled at me.

“Yeah!” Trish chimed in. “You’re always welcome here.”

I expected some ridiculous, snarky comment after that, but there was only silence. Nothing like, “What did I say about ‘always?’”

“Where’s Jason?” I asked, looking at his empty seat.

“Swim practice,” both Dmitri and Trish said at the same time.

“Man,” I spaced out. “Must suck to be him.” I never understood how people could competitively swim. Or competitively do anything. Practices and meets and what not – it’s so much work for crying out loud!