Why I Hate Romeo and Juliet - Chapter Fourteen

Hey!

Sorry about the really late upload. I've been having bad cases of writers block. You'll be able to tell by the end of this chapter. :)

Anywho, please comment and vote and all that! It would be very appreciated. Thanks,

-jennaxxx

Chapter Fourteen

“Hey Hazel!” Trish said, taking a seat beside me. Even though it was seven in the morning, she was still as chirpy as ever.

“Hi,” I smiled at her, prying my eyes as wide as they would go in efforts not to doze off in front of her right now. That’d leave an awful impression.

“I’m so excited to meet up with Ms. Clayton,” she gushed excitedly. Instantly, I perked up.

“Me too,” I grinned. “I’m so glad that you’ll be the dressmaker. If it was some senile old lady, I think I’d have to drop the job,” I said honestly.

She laughed. “And I’m glad I’ll be making one of your designs. They were fantastic!”

“I’ve been working on some new ones. They’re a bit flashier, but still pretty elegant.” I said. It was no use trying to talk to the guys about the designs. They could care less. But with Trish, I could just pour it all out.

“Really?” Her eyes widened. “I can’t wait to see them!”

And just as I was getting used to our conversation, the teacher decided to start teaching. “Alright class,” she called out. “Open your books to page 87!”

I flinched at her booming voice and sent Trish an apologetic look. She smiled and nodded. The conversation was definitely not over, and we both knew it.

I opened my book, and rather than thinking about French like a good student, I thought about Erick.

To be honest, all that was on my mind that morning was Erick.

No! When it’s put like that, it sounds creepy.

Here we go: all that was on my mind that morning was Erick – pertaining to the prank.

Why wasn’t he responding at all? Wasn’t he in the least bit anxious? I mean honestly. I would’ve been yapping myself away.

Maybe it’s a good thing Erick’s the one in charge. At least he could keep his mouth shut about it. I could only imagine what Principal Fredrick would do if he found out it was us.

Sure, there would be suspicions – there were always suspicions. But they could never really do anything about that. No one ever had concrete evidence against us.

We were that good.

I smiled to myself, sitting in French, thinking about how sly we were. Given that, for a school, our staff wasn’t very attentive, we still took extra precautions. Not once had we been caught in our four years of masterful chaos-making.

Masterful chaos-making. The pretty way of saying, ‘we raise hell.’

I laughed quietly to myself, and that boy next to me gave me an odd look. I sneered at him. If a person wanted to laugh by herself, to herself, at herself – whatever.

The bell rang and I quickly sprinted out of there, my books at hand.

Throughout Calculus, I sketched freakish creatures, and thought more about Erick – pertaining to the prank.

Was it weird that I was associating him with these little monsters? I looked at my most recent drawing. To simply explain it, it looked like a rabid lemur. With very gnarly teeth.