Why I Hate Romeo and Juliet - Chapter Sixteen

Hey!

Here's the big prank! Let me know what you think! I hope you guys like it. I may edit this chapter back over. Wht do you think?

-jennaxxx

Chapter Sixteen

“Chapman,” Lucas shouted, face plastered with fake anger. “They weren’t doing anything! Stop overreacting!”

 “Don’t make me give you detention too, Mr. Wright.” Chapman said warningly. The vein in his head seriously looked like it was going to pop and mental images of the scene haunted my brain for a brief moment.

 “Dude,” Spencer stood up and pursed his lips condescendingly. “You give them detention for whispering – not even disturbing the class and you’re not going to say a word to Eliza for screaming ‘fuck?’”

“Don’t pull me into this,” Eliza shrieked.

“It’s every bit as much of your fault though!” Lucas hissed at her. “What makes you think you can talk to Hazel like that?”

“What makes her think that it’s okay to be such a bitch all the time?” She retorted back, not very cleverly, I might add. I realize this was supposed to be a blow to me, but I just looked at Erick and snickered with him.

“What the fuck, Chapman?” Spencer demanded right after. “Are you not going to say anything now? You just heard her!”

“And you were about to give Hazel and Erick detention for whispering! You’re not going to do anything while Little-Miss-Innocent over here blatantly curses at another student?”

I honestly couldn’t tell if Lucas was legit angry, or faking it. He really needed to be in the drama club or something, Spencer included.

 “You two,” Chapman spoke through clenched teeth. “Sit down. Right now. This doesn’t concern you.”

“Like hell it doesn’t,” Lucas bit back.

By this time, it was a full blown thing.

Honestly, it had happened so fast, I don’t even know how it began. Erick and I just stared between each other, and Lucas, Spencer and Mr. Chapman. The way Luke and Spence were cornering him – it was masterful. I’d probably be about ready to piss my pants myself. The whole class was speechless, and for a second, Mr. Chapman was too.

“That’s it,” Chapman screamed. I swear that vein had its own pulse. “The four of you. Detention! For a week!”

We all gaped at him and his little tantrum. It took a lot not to just die laughing right then.

“Whatever,” Spencer said finally. “Let’s get the hell out of here.” We all hastily picked up our books.

And with that, the four of us walked right out of Literature. Chapman didn’t even acknowledge us as we left, so I decided against a quick ‘Screw you!’

“Dude,” I said, still shocked, as we walked down the empty hall. “That was fucking amazing!”

Erick suppressed a laugh, but Lucas and Spencer didn’t. “For real!” Lucas cackled, holding his stomach. “And now we’ve got the perfect alibi!”

Perfect alibi?

My mind clicked.

“Holy mother of all that is righteous,” I mumbled in a slur before jumping at Lucas and Spencer. “I LOVE YOU TWO!”

And I’m pretty sure Erick mumbled something like, “So the beast can stand to say it.” I decided not to go off on him – not now. Now, I was at bliss, and not even Erick would ruin that.