Why I Hate Romeo and Juliet - Chapter Thirty-Two

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!

It's times like these where I need to borrow lyrics.

'You're gonna either wanna fight ,
when I get off this fucking mic,
Or you're gonna hug me,
but I'm out of options,
t
here's nothing else that I can do!'

Props to Eminem! :)

Anyways, basically, you're either going to love me or hate me after this chapter - maybe a little of both. I don't know, but I definitely know that I want to hear your thoughts on this chapter, especially!

ACK! I'm nervous to put this up, but I know there's no other way for this to happen. Oh gosh, I'm just going press 'Save & Publish' before I change my mind!

-jennaxxx

Chapter Thirty-Two

“Why are you grinning?” I narrowed my eyes at Erick. “You don’t grin. Why are you grinning?”

We were sitting the lawn chairs, Johnny, Erick and I, while Casey tried to ‘get his game back’ and Jane and Kevin danced some more. It was getting colder, fast, and I wished desperately that I would’ve worn my jacket. Stupidly, I left it at Jane’s house.

“I’m not grinning,” Erick said. With a grin on his face.

“Liar,” I accused quickly. “Why are you grinning? Tell me!”

Leaning back against the chair, he looked at the starry sky nostalgically and remembered back. “You know the night we all went bowling?”

“Yeah,” Johnny nodded. “Just a little while ago. Your team won.”

“Damn right, we did,” I smirked at Johnny. Oh, if only Nathan were there! I could’ve rubbed in his face too! What? It wasn’t every day that I won something - let alone against Johnny and Nate. Talk about brains and brawns…

“Remember how Casey was scared shitless when you came back?” Erick smirked at the two of us. “And Ginger? My ‘housekeeper?’”

“You’ve got a housekeeper?” Johnny’s eyes widened.

“No,” Erick laughed a little to himself. “But you heard Kevin, yeah? I told Casey that ‘Ginger’ wanted his number. I just texted the number to Kevin, and told him to give Johnny a call.”

“I swear,” Johnny chuckled. “That boy will do anything for a girl’s number.”

“It was Kevin?” I exclaimed, frowning.

“What was Kevin?” Jane asked, erupting from nowhere, Kevin surprisingly not at her side. Those two had been inseparable the entire night, and I wondered why they even asked Erick and me to tag along if they wanted to be alone so damn much.

 “But his voice isn’t scary though -,” I finished, ignoring her question.

“He can do a killer Jigsaw impression,” Erick smiled proudly.

“Jigsaw?” Jane asked. “Like, from the Saw movies?” Erick nodded.

“That’s awful!” I laughed. “Did you see how afraid he was after that?”

“If you thought that was bad, then you’re going to hate me tonight,” he nodded towards where Casey leaned charmingly against the railing, talking up a girl with surprising success.