5. On the Edge

Sam walked into his apartment, fresh tears still running down his cheeks. Chuck and Ruby looked at each other. "I should go." Chuck said. Ruby nodded. After Chuck was gone Ruby went over to Sam. "Sam, what happened?"
"You got your wish. Dean flipped out on me." Ruby flinched, "Sam..." He turned away.
Out of instinct Sam went though the demon/angel secure room. The second he stepped in he wished he hadn't. He was still crying and tried his best to hide it.
As he walked across the room the Archangel's eyes followed him.
Sam almost made it to the other door when Gabriel spoke.
"You're Sam Winchester. I've heard a lot about you."
Sam turned slightly, still trying to hide his tears.
Gabriel tilted his head. His wings moved slightly, pulling at the chains.
Sam bit his lip. "Yeah, so?"
"Why, after everything, would you buy a archangel?"
Sam felt his heart clench a little. He opened the door and quickly went out, slamming the door behind him. He slid down it and pulled his knees up to his chest. He heard the chains rattle inside.
Sam lowered his head. He sat there for most of the night, shaking slightly as he cried.

~~~~~

Chuck walked back to the van.He noticed someone leaning against the van.
As Chuck got closer he noticed that it was Gordan. "Umm hi, Gordan."
"Hello, Chuck."
Gordan looked up at the building. "So this is where Sam Winchester lives."
Chuck's heart quickened, "No you must be mistaken. Sam doesn't live here."
Gordan laughed, "You're a terrible liar, Chuck."
Gordan walked towards his own van. "Oh and Chuck. Tell Sam I will get that Archangel."
Chuck watched him go. He got in the car and noticed a piece of paper neatly folded on the seat. 'Don't you just love the smell of demotion in the morning.'
Chuck groaned and headed back to the market. He parked and got out. He opened the back to repaint and marks.
He stared at the lone wing the was laying calmly in the center.
Chuck moved closer and examined it. Carved into the bone was; The Feeling of Being Broken and Burned.