3. Moment Before the Storm

Metatron had left. Bobby sat down and looked over at Dean. "Nice job. I guess I'll have to carry out my part now." Dean smiled, "Thanks Bobby."
"Yeah, yeah."
Dean left Bobby's office and saw Becky and Mark. "Hey."
Mark nodded at him. "Hey Dean, I was wondering, next week ill be out of town. Can you fill in for me?" Becky asked.
"Sure." Dean said. She smile "Great!" Happily, she bounced off. At least that's what it looked like to Dean.
Mark looked at him. "What? Are you just going to stand there and think at me?" Mark walked away.
Dean went back to his work table. Jo and Charlie came over. "I just heard that you found out what happened with the chain." Dean nodded. Charlie pouted, "No fair. I was going to get that raise."
Dean laughed, "Move a little faster next time princess." Jo climbed up onto Dean's table. "I'm having a party of Friday. Want to come?"
Dean thought for a moment. "I'm covering for Becky next week.I'll be able to make it. Can Sam come?"
"Sure. Ash is going to bring his boyfriend." Charlie groaned, "I hope it's not another wanderer."
"I hope it's a doctor or a engineer,"
Jo said.
Dean swatted his hand at them. "Shoo. I'm working." They laughed and walked off.

~~~~

Chuck pulled up to Sam's apartment building. He got out and waited for Sam to come around. Sam walked over to Chuck. "What now?"
"Where's your demon."
"She's upstairs."
"Go get her."
"Why?"
"Just do it."
Sam went upstairs and into his apartment number 721. He walked inside and saw Ruby sitting on the couch with her feet up on the coffee table. "Ruby," She looked up.
"Sam. You're back."
"I need your help."
"With what?"
"Just come down stairs." Ruby stood up and walked over.
She had small bracelets with demonic marks engraved on them to keep her powerless.
She followed Sam down the stairs, talking about gossip and fashion. Sam was only half listening.
They went outside and Sam went over to Chuck, who had fallen asleep. "Hey! Chuck! Wake up." Chuck jerked awake, "Oh sorry. Metatron has been running everyone hard lately."
Sam nodded in understanding. Ruby came over and nodded to Chuck. He gave he a small smile before going around to the back of the van.
Ruby and Sam followed him. "Helping Chuck deliver? You're too nice Sam." Chuck raised his eyebrows.
Sam coughed, "Umm. I know you're not going to like this, but I'm the one Chucks delivering to."
Ruby stared at him in shock before the anger stepped in. "What?!?! You know I don't get along with other demons."
"It's not a demon."
"You better be pulling my leg, Winchester." Sam offered a small smile.
"YOU SON OF A BITCH!!"

~~~~

Dean picked up his jacket and the cuff he was working on. He decide he would work on it at home.
As he was heading for the door Becky, Ash, Christian, and Mark joined him. Ash was describing his boyfriend to them. "Hey Dean! Thanks again for filling in for me."
"No problem," Dean said. Ash and Becky left the other three to go in a different direction.
Christian instantly went into bragging mode. "I bought a new angel last weekend."
Mark and Dean shared a look. Christian talked all the way back to his apartment.
Mark and Dean continued on. Dean hated when it was just him and Mark.
The guy never talked and it was extremely creepy.
Dean was relieved when he saw Mark's apartment come into view. Mark turned to him before he went inside. "I'll see you at Bela's."
Dean stood, confused for a few seconds before it clicked in.
He was going to Bela's tomorrow with Mark to specially fit some bracelets.
"Crap."

~~~~

Ruby was ranting. Sam wasn't exactly sure what she was ranting about, but she was ranting. Apparently buying the angel had been 'the last straw'.
She had yelled about that for a while then gone of about all these other things that pissed her off.
Chuck and Sam just stood to the side, awkwardly. Chuck leaned over "if you can't control a low demon. Then you will never be able to control a archangel." Sam sighed.
Ruby stopped to catch a breath. "Ok. Ruby, I get it. But I can't change it now."
"Yes you can. Send him to a Slaughterer."
Sam shook his head, "I already paid for him."
"Well, I hope Dean flips out on you."
Chuck walked over to the van and opened the hatch. He glance at Sam and took out a taser. He handed one to Ruby.
She glared at him. "Did you get one that will fight?" Sam shrugged.
"All archangels are like that," Chuck said. Sam groaned. "Archangel?" Ruby looked from Sam to Chuck. She held out to taser and Chuck took it. She turned on her heel and headed back inside the building.
Chuck handed the taser to Sam. Sam glared at him. "Thanks."
Chuck opened the door. For a second nothing happened.
Sam hardly even saw Gabriel get out. It was like a blur of color.
The restraints kept him from running, but he still managed to fight.
He was faster and stronger than Chuck and easily knocked the taser from his grip. Chuck stumbled back, holding his injured hand.
Sam hadn't used a taser in a while and was a little rusty. He figured it out and pointed it at Gabriel.
The electricity made his body seizure.
Gabriel fell to his knees, breathing hard.
Chuck grabbed the rope and pulled him to his feet. He handed the rope to Sam, not letting him refuse this time.
Sam pulled Gabriel towards the apartment.
Gabriel stumbled after him, his wings hanging limply. His muscles still twitched slightly.